Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s in the 2019 Ram?

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by Dave Z, Jul 5, 2017.

1. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Member

Will the wheel wells be rounded or flat on the top? Seeing it both ways in these spy photo's.

2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Rounded just like the current models...

[​IMG]

NoBrakes likes this.
  3. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

The "flat topped" ones are usually just the camo being strapped down to make it look like that.

redriderbob likes this.
  4. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Member

Thanks! Yeah the camo seems to play tricks.

I am really liking the looks of the new truck so far.

suzq044 likes this.
  5. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

The flat looking ones are on the disguised GM truck....

6. suzq044

Not those two trucks above; look at the older pics where there's still leather/plastic across the wheel wells. lol

NoBrakes likes this.
  7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

exactly

8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Laramie Lamp with LEDs see the bend... LEDs surround lamp like Charger, however bottom part of lens LEDs are for turn indicators. This lamp is only on top trim levels... more conventional for lower trim models

9. suzq044

Thanks for this pic, it was really hard to see under the mesh.

10. 12soldier

12soldier Well-Known Member

Gotta love how Ram and GM are trying to make their trucks look like Fords with the camo.[/QUOTE]

Mirrors give it away

suzq044 likes this.
  11. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Member

Yeah, It was the shape of the wheel wells on the box in this photo that had me wondering.

[​IMG]

I like the looks of the Laramie lights. The Sport ones I am sure are going to look great as well. Any idea if a Limited model will be available from launch?

#451 NoBrakes, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    suzq044 likes this.
  12. suzq044

It's doing its job. lol

UN4GTBL and NoBrakes like this.
  13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Yes, the core models will be able at launch. ST, SLT, Big Horn/Lone Star, Outdoorsman, Sport and Laramie will be available at launch. Rebel and Laramie Limited packages should be available three to four months later after production has ramped up. From what I am hearing, Ram will follow launching two special editions each year and two additional trims within the first 12 months of launch. Expect the Ram lineup to grow like the current one after production levels get up to snuff. Remember, 2019 Ram 1500 DS will also be running for 4 months roughly as well. These will be only in a regular cab long box 4X2 Tradesman model, and Crew Cab 4X4 models in select trims like Big Horn/Lone Star and SLT to allow dealerships to get steady inventory levels.

The Ram 1500 will be very different than the current truck in the looks department, however it will retain some of the classic DS design like rounded wheel wells, power dome hood, and door jams that are closed into the over structure. Mirrors are similar in shape because of wind tunnel testing. I am hearing the new Ram DT is up to 6% better through the air than the current DS. Next generation Ram Box will be offered, these should lock now with the fob and tailgate and the same time. Ram will still feature dual exhaust out the rear on select models. Start stop technology will be standard across the lineup as well as a new aero grille shutter design that is more efficent. Cross hair design will be different and will help with the aero. Split tailgate option will be available on certain models I am told, similar to how Ram Box was launched. If it gets a lot of orders it may then roll out to other models. More aluminum is used in the truck, with the bed is still a steel box.

14. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

So ST is coming back? Never liked the way Tradesman sounded.

15. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Tradesman...bottom line truck for the skilled tradesman. I love how Ram goes after people. Express...sport truck for the guy who can't afford a Sport.
    Outdoorsman...for the outdoor person. And so on

ScramFan likes this.
  16. suzq044

Can't wait to see the split tailgate, I hope dealers give it a chance and order them. Also, by next-generation, aside from the keyfob locking mechanism, do you know if there's any design/functionality difference? The Rambox has been a huge plus-point for my bf & myself regarding the Ram trucks. (We would have a Ram if we could afford it. lol; he found his ideal HD truck a few weeks ago at a dealer, and we went back to look at it twice, even if we can't afford it.)

#456 suzq044, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  17. scott cornett

scott cornett Well-Known Member

I came very close last week of buying a 2017 flame red quad cab express with ram box. but I'm trying to hold off until i see the 2019 Rams body style.

suzq044 likes this.
  18. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

ST became the Tradesman back in 2014. Tradesman was originally the ST with a HEMI and automatic, but the nameplate switched the following year.

19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Ram still has the ST trim on the Ram 1200 over in the middle east.... FYI! ;)

20. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

And Canada there Bob ;) our entry trim is ST, whereas a "Tradesman" is a spray-in liner and some other goodies packaged to the ST trim.

UN4GTBL and Mike V. like this.