NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s in the Demon crate?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

There will be a floor jack, tire pressure gauge, small front rims that match the widebody rims for skinny tires, a lug wrench, a ADR specific ECM, Demon themed harness belts, a Demon themed ground mat, a drill and charger, a case to carry the tools, a fender protector as well as a few other goodies I can not talk about. Demon will NEED this kit and all of its goodies to surpass the 9.66 second 1/4 I was talking about. 9.66 will be the time Demon will hit the 9.66 second 1/4 without the kit. I am told the crate is at an option cost and is limited. The special ECM and other unique goodies maximizes horsepower and helps FCA US being able to sell the car to meet better CAFE standards amongst other regulations while in the normal Demon setting and using this crate makes the car to create more power, faster times and will be considered aftermarket option offered from Dodge/Mopar.

3. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

So with the crate options employed, is the Demon still considered "stock"? I can already hear the internet arguments over the Demon's top time needing "aftermarket" help.

Illegal Machine likes this.
  4. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Member

My first thought. A Mopar ECM that's probably intended for "off road use" kinda crosses the "9's off the show room floor" argument off.

The race gas and skinnies I think people will look past. More than that....ehhhhh....

UN4GTBL likes this.
  5. bguy

bguy Active Member

He said 9.66 stock.
    You need the crate to get under that.
    As I see it.

6. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Agreed, @Illegal Machine . You know the competitor fans will complain over anything (unlike here at Allpar where there isn't a complaint to be seen about anything;)).

BobbiBigWheels, UN4GTBL and wtxiceman like this.
  7. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Member

Ahh, yeah. That sentence gets a little jumbled. Re-reading it, you're correct.

8. Mr. Gooseman

Mr. Gooseman Member

< 10.0 s off the showroom floor is just bonkers. They must be going for the fastest quarter mile time ever for a production car, holy cannoli

Are we talking about < 9.0 s at the drag strip with the magic crate?!?!?! :eek:

9. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Clearly you both did not read the explanation... ;)

Mike

10. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

There you go.

Mike

11. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Amazing both the car and the ensuing comments

This car is everything that Mopar has always been. 9.66, but it gets faster. Wow.

12. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

:rolleyes: All it took was a little clarification which @bguy was helpful enough to provide. Nothing more.:cool:

Mike V. likes this.
  13. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

How many times do you have to be told that the car is expected to go in the 9's off the showroom floor? :p

Mike

14. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

It ain't official till it's official. Besides, I wasn't asking what the numbers were since I have no reason to doubt or opine what they could be. I just was looking for a clarification/opinion of if the crate goodies still keeps the vehicle "stock". YMMV.

wtxiceman and Illegal Machine like this.
  15. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

It's stock for the special Demon's that get the option.

Mike