NewsIs this the new Chrysler crossover? • Mopar magic strikes in Houston • Who’s self-driving?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s in the Demon crate?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Mar 14, 2017.

1. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

I have heard that this is probable. Although its a big jump from 9.6's to 8.9's... a VERY big jump. But they are going to be swinging a VERY large hammer at it..... My money is that itll happen. Maybe not right away, but someone will get it there on a good day.

Bearhawke likes this.
  2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Not to get two Demon based post going, but here is what you need to know and I am getting more details about the car daily.

Demon does equal ADR. However, the car will have two adjustable power modes for Demon off the showroom floor. The car will only come with red keys and no black keys. 757 horsepower sounds like it will be the standard horsepower, before jumping up to 815 horsepower from my sources. Both of these will be available on pump gas. The ECM in the crate is for "offroad" use only. This ECM is to allow the engine to get the most out of the race gas settings. People have been saying they heard 901 horsepower... I can promise you it won't be that number. The crate is to turn this machine into the closest thing you can get into a street legal Drag Pak. You will be able to use all three power modes in "drag mode" to build up your capability with the car. But the crate will play a huge factory in the third mode of power in this car. The ECM will also allow for a few other changes to help the cooling of the car. Remember, unlike the HELLCATs (including the HELLCAT widebody) this car will be on street legal drag radials from the factory. HELLCAT widebody will have radial three season tires. If the current HELLCAT can run 10.2 @125mph in the 1/4 on street legal drag radials, this car will have the second mode with over 108 horsepower more to the flywheel and wider tires. 9.66 should be easy to hit. The third mode is what will make people slap their forehead. Go back and watch the Drag Pak video I posted in the other Demon post. It ran a 8.63 @ 153mph with 354 Supercharged HEMI making 1,200+ horsepower. I can tell you Demon will not have that much power, but it will be faster than 10.2 @125mph and slower than 8.63 @ 153mph. :D

3. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

So between 816 and 900 or 902 and 1200 hp. Holy moses!

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

No no, not 1200

Mike

TTO_XODJ likes this.
  5. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

No problem, I know. Just quoting the numbers RRB used as examples.:)

6. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

This is amazing. So. More powerful than the hellcat on the street. (enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car and a half second is your reputation.) So at least a half second faster on the strip. And then, wow, the Crate, basically a factory backed drag car. Wow. Love it.

Hellcatbroughtmehere and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. redriderbob

I gave you a wide enough example....
    What is that new hashtag? #ifyouknowyouknow

Mike V. and Devildodge like this.
  8. redriderbob

9. redriderbob

10. redriderbob

Dodge Challenger SRT Demon’s Custom Crate Loaded for Speed With Exclusive Track Tool Kit Through Snap-on Business Solutions
    • Dodge Challenger SRT Demon offers maximum flexibility to be optimized for street, strip and anywhere in-between
    • Custom-painted Demon Crate includes a unique selection of Demon logo’d, professional quality track tools brought to you through Snap-on Business Solutions
    • 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon debuts April 11
    • Visit www.ifyouknowyouknow.com for details, hints and a new teaser video each Thursday
    • Engage on social media with the hashtag #DodgeDemon
    March 14, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - In collaboration with Dodge, Snap-on Business Solutions delivers what you need to take the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon from the street to the drag strip and back again.

As enthusiasts learned from the fourth teaser video “Crate” at www.ifyouknowyouknow.com, these aren’t just any tools off the shelf. This is a special, limited-production set for the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon that offers a street-to-track transformation experience as exclusive as the car itself.

Tools touting the Demon logo include a:
    • Hydraulic floor jack
    • Cordless impact wrench with charger
    • Torque wrench
    • Tire pressure gauge
    • Fender cover
    • Tool bag

All come crated with a dozen more parts, including Direct Connection Performance Parts, matching Demon-head logo’d wheels and the Demon Track Pack System.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the ultimate expression of performance on the street and at the strip, will be unveiled April 11 ahead of the New York International Auto Show.

Hellcatbroughtmehere and UN4GTBL like this.
  11. Hellcatbroughtmehere

Hellcatbroughtmehere Member

This is really blowing me away. I can't get over the fact that this is really happening.

UN4GTBL and GasAxe like this.
  12. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Gawd, I want that torque wrench. Any hint if Mopar will sell a non-Demon kit for Hellcats?

13. redriderbob

In case there are people just skimming the information... the important information from this press release today is this....

14. redriderbob

Mike V. likes this.
  15. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

I have one that's woefully underused. Needs moar Demon logo though!

Illegal Machine likes this.