AF: What Antennas are these? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Antennas are these?

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by 1966DartConvertible, Oct 14, 2012.

1. 1966DartConvertible

1966DartConvertible Active Member

I contacted the owner of the blog and asked if she had any other picture of my Dart... And guess what?

[​IMG]

What do you think those antennas were for? CB Radio??

Syed

2. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Some sort of radiotelephone perhaps?

3. moparknighthawk

Back in the late 50's and early 60's, some cars did have dual antennas from the factory. The late 50's/early 60's Desotos sometimes had them. It might have been something someone added as I don't think the A bodies ever had this feature fromt he factory.

4. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

The way they're set up they could be a collinear array, but I expect that it's more a style thing. If they were a collinear array then there'd be some kind of comm gear in the car, and my guess is that you'd find screw holes or wiring harnesses to somewhere that normally wouldn't have such.

5. tazdevil

tazdevil Member

Most likely plain old AM antennae. A friend's '56 Dodge came factory with them. They are WAAAAAAAY too long for anything else. Maybe trolling rods? :)>)