Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are these wheels off of?

Discussion in 'Pre-1994 trucks, commercial vehicles' started by Dead Reckon, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon Member

So, I had a flat today, of course while it was snowing too. I checked the wheel I took off for damage, as well as the tire, that's when I noticed the code on the back, photo below. I know these wheels aren't stock to the truck, the truck came with six spare wheels total, five of which where the stock wheels, one of which I still have.

The wheels in question are pictured below, they are Chrysler wheels, as they had bolt on Chrysler caps, and the wheels are all drilled for them. Soooo, what did these things come off of? A Cherokee? I think the date code is 6-27-1979, but I'm not sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The code reads 15x7 JJ DOT TEC 62779A

I know that means they're 15x7" wheels, DOT approved, bead type is JJ, made in 6-27-79 (A?), no idea what the "TEC" logo means. But I'm guessing with the JJ type bead type they're meant for a 4x4, sooo, probably Cherokee wheels?

Thanks for the help if you can identify them, I might clean them and polish them back out, seeing as they where chrome once upon a time.

2. mopowered

mopowered New Member

They were on dodge trucks and vans from the late 70s to the early 80s .

3. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon Member

Really? That's interesting, never seen these before, and I've been around Mopar stuff like this all my life, one of my Dad's best friends is big into Mopar. Thanks for letting me know.

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Yep, Dodge trucks and vans - more or less a painted (less expensive) version of the 15x7 chrome slots used on the front of the 1978 Lil Red Express and lots of Street Vans.

Even passenger car wheels were stamped JJ.

5. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon Member

Yeah, you're right, didn't realize the Lil Red Express had these wheels, well, in the front anyway, that is really cool. I think the one I pulled off is chrome, all I did to find the stamp is rub the dirt off. Gonna clean the road dirt out of the back of that wheel and see what happens, well, when the snow clears that is.

6. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

They were argent color later till bolt pattern changed in 1985