Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What brand of fuel pressure regulators is good

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by ka9yhd, Nov 20, 2017.

1. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Active Member

The original fuel pressure regulator on my 92 Plymouth Grand Voyager with the 3.3 Liter V 6 went to intermittent long crank times. Not holding the fuel pressure after shutting off the engine.

I replaced it with a fuel pressure regulator from Napa and this one gave me consistent long crank times every time I tried to start the engine. I have to cycle the fuel pump twice crank it then cycle the pump once more to get it to start.
    Putting a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and the pressure will drop to zero after shutting off the engine.

This time I bought another fuel pressure regulator from O'Reillys Auto parts and the fuel gauge showed around 40 psi. Removing the vacuum hose the pressure would rise to around 50 psi. Shut off the engine and the system holds pressure. Starting the engine let the pump cycle once and the engine starts right up.

Well this fuel pressure regulator lasted about a month to a month and a half and I am back to long crank times.

What brand of fuel pressure regulators are good quality so I do not have to keep replacing the fuel pressure regulator?

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Look for OEM. Google: Mopar 5277829. Walmart (MyMoparParts), eBay and Amazon show them.
    There is also a check valve in the fuel pump that can dump fuel back into the tank after shutoff. These can be intermittent.

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  3. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Active Member

Fuel pump and tank are new.