AF: What brand Plug wires and spark plugs for 2012 Patriot Sport | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What brand Plug wires and spark plugs for 2012 Patriot Sport

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by TommyDodge, Jun 20, 2020.

1. TommyDodge

TommyDodge Well-Known Member

At a little over 106,000 miles the mechanic that works on the Patriot Sport suggested it may need new plugs and plug wires. I am guessing it has factory original plugs and wires and it started to run like crap, so I am thinking that he is right. I usually use the factory Mopar wires and whatever plugs are listed in the owner's manual. It has been a very long time since I bought plugs and wires, so I would like to know what other people on here use. I am out of the loop about quality and brands so I would ask whether you use Mopar wires and Champion plugs or if you have a preference for some other brand of either plugs or wires. Thanks in advance
    TommyDodge

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

No plug wires on these. This is a COP (coil-on-plug) ignition. Each spark plug gets its own coil.
    If a rubber plug boot gets damaged, it can be replaced separately. Smear a pinch of silicone grease inside the plug boot before reinstalling. This will make subsequent COP removal easier.
    The spark plugs should be changed every 32K miles (52K km). They are copper-nickel electrodes.
    The Mopar part # is SP0ZFR5F11 which is the same as NGK ZFR5F-11.
    https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=10210.

TommyDodge, Doug D and DC-93 like this.