AF: What car today is similar to 300m? | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What car today is similar to 300m?

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by MoPar~Man, Sep 19, 2018.

1. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

After reading your wish list, you better restore your 300M, or you won't be happy.

Tomguy likes this.
  2. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

I do agree. I've been replacing the "Little things" on mine because of the fact that I want it to last as long as I can make it, so I might as well be comfortable. $35 for hood and trunk supports shipped to my door. $14 for sway bar links for the front. All new hard and soft brake lines to all 4 calipers, fresh pads, trans fluid change, etc. Hoping it lasts me another 20 years / 200k!

3. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

For much less cost of a new car you could go on the internet and buy the best low mileage used salt free 300M in the USA. That is what I plan to do once they make the stop/ start system mandatory on new cars, my wife’s 19 Compass has it but at least it has the over ride button, I believe the new 2020’s will not have the defeat option. The Tech push will loose FCA a great customer. P.S. I also will not use the self checkout at Kroger, and I pay with cash everywhere I go, no plastic for me,ever. If more folks resisted the Tech push we could slow it down, at least until I die off.

4. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

Start/stop isn't exclusive to FCA. Everyone is going to be implementing in the near future. People can whinge about tech all they want, but it is coming. That's a fact. They can either embrace it or be miserable about the fall of the automobile while they complain about the "good 'ole days."

There are many more people that either don't care or will embrace it than those that will be turned away.

I dislike start/stop tech as well, but mostly because my experience with FCA's implementation of it was pretty bad. The S/S system in my girlfriend's Malibu is unobtrusive and for the most part, unnoticeable.

voiceofstl and page2171 like this.
  5. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

The Chrysler, Dodge, Ram and Jeep models have a button to turn off the S/S. Not all the GM products have that. I was driving a Lincoln Navigator through the car wash at work, and simply tapping the brake pedal killed the motor. I know where the button is on an F-150, but the Lincoln dash is very confusing.

Speaking of Lincoln, the base front drive Continental is very close the the 300M, but the electronic gimmickry might be unbearable for you. The base model doesn't use the Eco-Boost, BTW. Many of the EB engines are not cold weather friendly and can be quit thirsty when the boost is on.