AF: What could this be? | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What could this be?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by tomaz, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

The pic looks weird to me, like it’s distorted or blurry in spots. Photoshop? Maybe my eyes are worse than I thought?

2. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I see it too so don't worry, like under the FCA all their words are blurred beyond belief. The a-pillar looks very funky too but not in a blurry way, more of a worped way

Zagnut27 likes this.
  3. turbonetic

turbonetic Active Member

Its because the camo is pulled ahead about a foot, line up the headlights and the passenger window will make sense. (and I can see round outlines above the lights on the body)

4. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the way the cover is rumpled makes the car almost look like it has scissor doors, which granted would be pretty cool, but not likely. The windshield looks like it does have quite a rake, whatever it is.

5. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

that rear flare screams concept car. The front door almost looks 'lambo' hinged; but it screams hot hatch to me. Not generic CUV, maybe something Peugeot-related? Think it's too early for those ideas to be running around?

Zagnut27 likes this.
  6. mopar22

I'm not talking about the camo at all, what I'm seeing isn't even impacted by the camo. I'm talking the physical glass/pillar itself isn't right for a production model like suzq mentions

Zagnut27 likes this.
  7. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

If you follow the watermark to burrlapp.com one.of the posters there says its the dodge journey replacement. I don't believe it.

8. Thom Paré

Thom Paré Active Member

If they're right about this being the Journey replacement then this would definitely be the Chrysler Portal or whatever they're going to name it. However, keep in mind that it could even simply be clay model or rolling buck of some kind used just for the display because I don't think this one is even running body simulations in the pilot plant yet. Otherwise, if it's not the Portal, then I'm also pretty curious as to what else it could be.

9. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

New medium Dodge SUV was my first thought too, but who knows right now.

10. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

Those wheels look like an evolution of the Dodge wheels found on the Durango as well as the Challenger Widebody I believe.

I think it looks more Dodge than Fiat personally, and way too aggressive arches to be a current Chrysler.

11. mopar22

My guess is they meant Journey replacement for dodge, not Chrysler. proportions and wheels are more dodgeish then they would be for a chrysler

12. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Should it actually be a Chrysler branded product, I would be pretty excited:D:D

Donte Lindsey, jerseyjoe and jclick like this.
  13. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s just the angle, but it looks to have the proportions of a transverse mounted engine, what with all that space out in front of the wheels and all. Also looks extremely short for the given width. Wonder if it’s just a concept rather than a production-ready body.

14. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

At first I thought Fiat. But, isn't Dodge due for a hot hatch? It kinda looks like a HORNET/RAZOR mash-up, in its proportion-stance....hoping it's a HORNET ala the concept.

15. v.b.

v.b. Well-Known Member

The Fiat Tipo Cross should have been launched this month, if it is a launch event.

16. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

I always need eye bleach when I see Velosters. An automotive abomination every bit as hideous as a Juke or Aztek

Bajanbuoy likes this.
  17. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

Should it actually be a Chrysler branded product, I would faint dead-away!:p:D

18. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Chrysler needs a vehicle to put it in the spotlight, a technology lesder..

The fiat fastback looks kinda cool but lack of reat seat and storage space will hurt it here. US is not ready for this, but might sell a few here. I think Mercedes tried something like this.

19. Mopar02

Mopar02 Mopar02

[​IMG]

I think its an Alfa Romeo, smaller than Tonale and replacing the Mito.

20. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Lack of the rear seat space? Hmh, Fiat is not Mercedes or BMW.

I'm not sure on which platform will it end. MP or Small Wide. MP is not federalized.