Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the age of Daytona Owners?

Discussion in 'GFAQ: G-Body Frequently Asked Questions' started by Bob ONeill, Sep 11, 2010.

?

If you own a Daytona, how old are you?

1. 15 - 20

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 21 - 25

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. 26 - 30

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. 31 - 35

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. 36 - 40

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. 41 - 45

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  7. 46 - 50

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
  8. 50 - 55

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  9. 56 +

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. TurboPacifica

Supporter

I also am 47
    I bought my first Daytona at 24 and still have 2 of them.

I have yet to see another Daytona at any show or event I have entered.

I had one guy ask me if mine was a Chevy Monza. :facepalm:

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Tell him no, you can reach your spark plugs to change them out.

3. blake_mcguire

blake_mcguire Member

I didn't know the first thing about cars until I started looking for my own car.

4. Banger68

Banger68 Active Member

I've owned at least one Daytona since 1989. I've been asked several time if my 1st gens are Mustangs.

5. blake_mcguire

blake_mcguire Member

I love the first gen look. I don't like the way the popups look when they're up.

6. TM1963

TM1963 Active Member

It's finally official :excited: - filed for the title tonight. Ok maybe it's not official until I have the new title... gee my name probably gave away the age anyways.

1st gens are very sweet, hidden headlights get me tho - like the original 69. Isn't the 88 the 2nd model of the 2nd gen? Just like my 69 is...

7. blake_mcguire

blake_mcguire Member

88 is second gen, yes. I like the headlights when they're down, but when they're up i think they look a little weird.

8. TurboPacifica

Supporter

That is so true I had a Monza Spider witht the 305 and you had to raise the engine to get the one plug

9. motormaker1

motormaker1 Member

I had an '84 Laser XE turbo and an '89 Daytona ES. My son (25) also had an ES.

10. blake_mcguire

blake_mcguire Member

i dont see many lasers out there. I've seen one on the highway and one in the junkyard. I wonder if they even sold lasers in canada? after all, daytonas are chryslers up here.

11. motormaker1

motormaker1 Member

I forgot to say I voted in the 46-50 category. I'm 46. I wish I still had that Laser. It was leather, electronic cluster, had the premium sound with EQ, and was black inside and out.

Few of the many cars I have owned I miss but the ones I do are this one, my '86 Lancer ES turbo, and my '90 Corsica 3.1 V6

12. blake_mcguire

blake_mcguire Member

it couldve easily been a show car by now :(

i almost got a corsica with a v6 for my first car.

13. gnnash

gnnash Member

I'm surprised I'm only the third under 20! I'm 18.

And you couldn't take my Daytona away for anything! Nobody my age has ever seen anything like it. My friend calls it 'the Trans-Am', much to my dismay. :p

14. blake_mcguire

blake_mcguire Member

*high five for us youngins*

15. Chris_85DaytonaTurbo

Hear Hear.

Haha, my friends have hardly seen mine because it doesn't run clean enough to truly drive anywhere. They just know it as the "Daytona", or alternatively, "Chris' imaginary car".

16. blake_mcguire

blake_mcguire Member

To everyone who asks what i've named my car, I've told them I don't feel the need. The shadow was the shadow, the daytona was the daytona and the shelby z is the shelby z. I honestly think dodge gave the names character, which is another thing i like about them :D

17. soloflite

soloflite Active Member

Got my first Daytona 87 Shelby Z in 1995, still in the garage to this day. Have 5 in the corral...

18. XII

XII Member

Pfffft, I'm under 20 too and I have two aswell :p

19. 88DaytonaD

88DaytonaD Member

I too am young, but not in the youngest category. When I first got the 'Tona, I was in that category. I've been working around cars since I can remember, helping dad out in the shop, asking questions about this, about that always keen to see something new. I've owned a number of cars up to this point, the Daytona has the most character and gets all the questions and I'm ashamed to say that prior to purchasing that car (May of 09), I knew nothing of that generation of Daytona! And I would have considered myself well versed in auto makes and models! I guess it's just because there weren't every any around. Anyway she's still under 100000kms so still young at heart. I saw a Laser XT this summer, first one I've seen. Had the windmill wheels on it, like I put on my Daytona, looked good!
    I have to say that I still miss my Cutlass Ciera, :unsure: even though she was a tank. There was something about the feel of a 'big' car that allured to me. The old style sweeping speedometer I think is what did it for me lol :blush: .

20. DCTZ

DCTZ Active Member

I am in the largest sum category. I bought my 1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z brand new, kept prestine care of the car, and now have just gotten the car out of hibernation after close to a decade. I was picking up my high school aged son from a soccer game with it and my son said all the guys were asking what kind of car it was. They were thinking it was a brand new model sports car as the car is very close to showroom detail all around and they have never seen a car like that before. I personaly have not seen another Dodge Daytona on the street since my cars long rest.

Those in the NJ area come out to the Allpar show this Sunday. I hope to be there with my car and know of 2 other Daytona owners who said they would show.

-Bob [ DC TZ ]