AF: What is the most economical 170 Slant 6 car to buy and own? | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the most economical 170 Slant 6 car to buy and own?

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by t44e6, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Plus the 68 didn't have the Rube Goldberg smog contraptions Detroit was using customers to beta test for them.

2. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

They were probably V8s as 64 was the first year for both the 273 V8 and 4 speed manual
    I wonder what the national take rate for the 4 speed was, six and V8 for 64 given they were both new for that year.

Ford offered the 4 speed for the Falcon and six with very few takers.

Having the three speed manual, that fourth gear would be nice. But I'd still like it on the column to show you how sick I am.

Did the 225 & manual use a different rear axle ratio over the 170 with the same ? Perhaps that's why it feels like it's just working too hard in third in mine.