AF: What Makes You Mad....... | Page 6 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Makes You Mad.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by 06PTElectricBlue, Feb 29, 2020.

1. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

Yeah, the video pretty much speaks for itself as it's so hilarious, because it's so stupid :p:D

DC-93 likes this.
  2. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Well-Known Member

I love how she gets up,gathers her possessions and runs like deer!! I imagine she wasn't hard to locate.

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  3. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Drove south for 750Kms... against the wind. Drove back 3 days later ..against the wind....:confused:

4. 06PTElectricBlue

I usually use Repair Pal to get an estimate of the job, this is what it is for the fan replacement:

[​IMG]

At the shop I used today, with me providing the parts, of which the fan has a lifetime warranty, it was $333 which is about 1/2 of what it was last time with the shop providing the parts.

My PT still has some value to it :cool:

[​IMG]

chuzz and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  5. 06PTElectricBlue

She needs the gas can and club for the next vehicle she wants to burn :p

I think she left her eyebrows at the scene of the crime :D

6. 06PTElectricBlue

Traffic Monitoring Cameras that don't seem to "monitor" correctly o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::p

A lot of traffic lights have traffic monitoring cameras mounted on them (red arrow in below pic), these are used differently than red light cameras. As far as I have heard, the purpose of the traffic monitoring cameras is they are supposed to monitor the flow of traffic and adjust the lights accordingly to keep the traffic moving, which keeps vehicles from sitting idle at a red light.

[​IMG]

Watch the traffic light in this vid from my dash cam. The vehicle in front of me gets through the light, then the light trips to stop me. IMO, there is no valid reason for the light to trip to stop me as there are no vehicles, from my left, waiting to get onto the road that I'm on! I see this happen all the time, not just this light but numerous others, and I swear, that there is someone, in a central center somewhere, watching all these cameras on monitors, and when they see someone approaching the light, they press a button and trip the light. :eek::rolleyes::p

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ch_U9tIsU&feature=youtu.be

Shane Estabrooks and chuzz like this.
  7. chuzz

chuzz Allpar Legacy

Big Brother IS watching! LOL

8. HanksHemi

HanksHemi Active Member

Just installed in our town of 25,000 folks. Main intersections and 4 lanes, they seem to work at keeping traffic moving. However if that one driver is on his/her/its phone or is just not paying attention, well that creates a break in traffic so the camera decides to change the light. One day people will get it but for now..... we just wait.

9. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

What makes me mad? (not REAL mad, but a bit miffed!)
    Well...., the guys that post questions easily answered by a simple search on line!!

chuzz, 06PTElectricBlue and Tony K like this.
  10. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Like most Quora posts :D

DC-93 likes this.
  11. 06PTElectricBlue

Guys are the only ones that do that o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::D:p:cool::confused::(;):)

DC-93 likes this.
  12. 06PTElectricBlue

Someone overnight scratched the rear hatch on my PT :(

But that's why I have full-coverage on it :)

After that gets repainted, the only original paint on left on my car will be the roof, 1/4 panels and rear bumper, everything else has been repainted, at one time or another.

[​IMG]

DC-93 and chuzz like this.
  13. chuzz

chuzz Allpar Legacy

Dang Rick, I'm sorry to see that someone scratched your PT. It takes a very low person to do that.

06PTElectricBlue and DC-93 like this.
  14. chuzz

chuzz Allpar Legacy

People at my wifes doctors office today that said after Nov. 3rd that Covid-19 will disappear!!

15. 06PTElectricBlue

Maybe some other things will also disappear at about the same time o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::D:p:cool::confused::(;):)

Tony K likes this.
  16. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

If it was only that easy. :oops:

freshforged and Tony K like this.
  17. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Yeah, and I've got a deed for the Brooklyn Bridge to sell them. A family, friends from when I was in high school, just lost their mother in part because of COVID. It's the straw that breaks lots of camel's backs, proverbially speaking.

06PTElectricBlue, chuzz and DC-93 like this.
  18. chuzz

chuzz Allpar Legacy

And remember folks, that no matter how much life insurance your loved one may have, insurance companies won't pay a nickel if they pass from Covid-19. If that is even mentioned, they whip out the fine print that states in the case of pandemics, they don't pay.

19. 06PTElectricBlue

I guess that would be a reason to have a proper autopsy done to determine the ACTUAL cause of death, even though the COVID may have been the final nail-in-the-coffin. ;)

Or are they not doing autopsies at all, during this pandemic time, and if there is even a hint that the person died of anything related to COVID, they just list COVID as the manner of death? ;)

But what about this case that happened back in July, but just being reported now. How can someone be so sick of COVID and still travel :eek:

Texas woman died of coronavirus 'on the jetway' on flight from Arizona
    “It became difficult for her to breathe and they tried to give her oxygen,” an official said. “It was not successful."

A Texas woman in her 30s died of Covid-19 while flying home from Arizona this summer, officials said Monday.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins told NBC Dallas-Fort Worth that the woman died in July, but that officials just learned of her official cause of death.

“It became difficult for her to breathe, and they tried to give her oxygen,” he told the station. “It was not successful. She died on the jetway.”

The woman, who was from the Dallas suburb of Garland, had underlying health conditions, according to a Dallas County news release. Additional information about her was not immediately available.

The disclosure comes as case counts continued to rise in 25 states, according to a 14-day average maintained by the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center. The data showed that new cases jumped in Texas last week after a dip the week before.

Texas woman died of coronavirus 'on the jetway' on flight from Arizona (at https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-woman-died-coronavirus-jetway-flight-arizona-n1243957 )

And it was also reported that even though this lady died in Arizona, because her death is COVID-related, they are counting it as a Dallas County COVID-related death.

20. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Not what I've read. Your policy has to be paid up, of course, which is a certificate requirement. I have an old paid off Met Life policy, so I looked them up for an example. Now, if your insurance coverage lapsed because of non payment, you have a problem.
    Just curious where you got your info from??

Are there any plan or policy limitations that would impact a COVID-19 related claim?
    Please know that each claim received will be reviewed consistent with policy terms and applicable insurance law.

• Life Insurance: For Group Life Insurance (Basic, Optional, Dependent, GUL and GVUL), there are no policy limitations that would limit a claim payment resulting from COVID-19, provided the individual met all other certificate requirements.