Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your MPG's?

Discussion in 'L: Horizon/Omni, Rampage, etc' started by 88horizon5speed, May 26, 2014.

1. cadman777

cadman777 Active Member

Guido, my neighbor has the same car you do, and gets the same gas mileage.
    We were hoping for better, but do you think the automatics get bad gas mileage as a rule?

2. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Until recently I would have agreed with this statement. The new 8/9 speeds are more efficient than most manuals and shift faster than most people can even think about. They're designed to keep the engine at the most efficient rpm for fuel mileage and EPA concerns. So, NO, you cannot say automatics get bad gas mileage as a general rule.

22-23 mpg for a 4 cylinder engine mated to a 3 speed auto is about what they were expected to get. I had a '82 Horizon with the 2.5L 4 cylinder and 3 speed auto. It averaged 23 mpg.

3. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Active Member

Keeping my 87 Shelby CSX at 55 mph I would get around 38 miles per gallon. Start going any faster and your getting into the turbo and the mpg drops.