Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does SHAP restart production?

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by cygnus, Oct 21, 2017.

1. cygnus

Ad-Free Member

Last I read, early 2018?

2. TheDodgeBoys

TheDodgeBoys Member

According to production calendar it's January 8th

Mike V. likes this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

That is correct.

Ram DT will make it's debut on January 12th at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It should be heading to dealers in late February. Remember, Ram DS will also continue to run production during the same time at Warren for awhile after the DT launch to allow inventories to build up. After production ends at Warren, the plant will get a much needed facelift and should be down for a couple of months. When Warren reopens, it will launch the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer (WS) models for the 2020 model year which are built on the same body on frame architecture as DT. Warren will also allow additional capacity if needed for DT because of new flexable capacity.

FCA US has spent $1.49 Billion revamping SHAP to build the DT model and $1 Billion into Warren Truck.

superduckie5000 and thebluegoat like this.
  4. dakota21

Supporter

So about when will the last DS roll off the line? If the next model year Warren produces is a 2020 (I'm assuming it will not produce anything for the 2019 MY) and it will only take a couple of months for the changeover, I'm assuming the DS will be produced well into 2018. Either that or we will have a very early 2020 MY for the WS.

5. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

DS will overlap with DT much like JK and JL will overlap.

As DT ramps up, DS will slow down.

Mike

6. dakota21

Supporter

That makes sense. I kinda gathered that from Bob's post. I guess to rephrase my question, about how much longer is Warren expected to produce the DS after SHAP starts up in January? The reason I ask is I will be in the market for a DS once I graduate late next spring and if they discount the DS to make way for more DTs they will probably sell out pretty quick.

7. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Graduate... pay off bills... then buy truck ;)

Mike

8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

2019 DS will be a short model year like 2018 JK production... April or May production will ramp down... depends on how DT's launch is.

dakota21 likes this.
  9. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

A labeled flyover of the South Paint Shop of the NSA assembly plant project in Sterling Heights.

superduckie5000 likes this.