AF: Where are the designers? | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are the designers?

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Vet101, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

OMG ! ^^^This.

No more coupe/fastback sedan styling unless that's the hatchback version. No more asinine styrofoam cooler size consoles eating up space or compromised rear seat head room, coupe like suck visibility, passenger packaging and low to the ground BS.

There was a reason people preferred sedans: They had 80- 90% of the function of a wagon, a truck or an SUV at a reasonable price.

2. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

There’s a new Fiat 500 EV. And there was the Fiat 124 Spider... Oh, wait, where did that go...?

HotCarNut likes this.
  3. aldo90731

I could see Dodge Magnum revived as a Toyota Venza competitor. But that would require actually getting off their a**es and doing some work.

4. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Truly, Aldo. Max potential, added market coverage all for small outlay. A Hellcat version ? For the PR alone......

5. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

FIAT 500 BEV is not on sale.

And correct term is BEV. Even Ram or Wrangler have EV versions.

6. aldo90731

BEV may be the “correct” term automakers use. But no one outside of an automaker knows what a “BEV” is.

Most think BEV is short for Beverly...

jimboy likes this.
  7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Or beverage (insert drool here).

8. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

The issue is gearheads are the minority so they are not the future. The might be the future for a niche set of cars but for what companies need to make they aren't looking at gearheads

9. valiant67

valiant67 ...

The EPA uses EV in its public facing website, not BEV.

aldo90731 likes this.
  10. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Half steps never get you anywhere. Time to jump in with both feet. Full on BEV. An no, the 500 doesn’t count as it’s no longer sold in the states. Promaster City would make an awesome BEV...make it so Ram.

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  11. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Next Fiat Doblo will have BEV version. It's under development for some time now. It should be unveiled in the next 2 years. Actually I'm expecting it late next year.

12. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

Ducato (ProMaster) is avaliable as a BEV in Europe to large buyers.

Doblo BEV is already in friendly-user trials in Turkey, I believe.

13. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Anything new that says Dodge would be a welcome relief to the sticker and package brigade that is running Dodge at the moment.

14. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

I always saw the Magnum as a Chrysler, specifically, a Town and Country. It's too bad Chrysler has slapped that name on so many lesser vehicles, since it was originally a top of the line offering. Our neighbour bought a new Town and Country wagon every other year, and we all looked forward to the latest version! That great 440, smooth controlled ride, seamless transmission, space, rear facing seats! When you pulled up in a Town and Country, people paid attention. I would love a 392 wagon with Chrysler clips and interior appts. ( I can live without the woodgrain )

15. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

So was i, but only half heartedly
    Im not one to digress and argue, we all see through different lens.
    FCA NA has been starved for vehicles, FCA designers in Europe did get the gift to create and launch a whole brand.
    I guess we'll likely agree to hoping the designers were busier.

16. dennisimperial

dennisimperial Well-Known Member

I asked this question over a year ago and got crucified on this site!!!! I was basically told by some that i didn't know what I was talking about....Yet here we STILL are...

valiant67 likes this.
  17. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Didn’t happen unless we can see your hands.

18. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Side note: I recall someone in a different thread several years ago referring to designers as "stylists", and that didn't go over well with Bob S. :D

19. dodge999

dodge999 Active Member

In Europe at some point they had the 300 touring (shooting break) like the magnum they even had a SRT version. It was a really nice car.

jimboy, Suhail and hmk123 like this.
  20. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Well this has mostly devolved into joking amongst people. But I fully agree. I am so upset and sick and tired that Chrysler and Dodge have been given absolutely nothing. No new sedans, no new SUVs, no nothing. Instead we lose vehicles.

We lose the great V6 powered and beautiful looking 200S and 200C which could still be growing market share or brand equity. We are about to lose the 300 models... We lost the Dart that could have kept growing in its segment. We lost the classic Caravan, and we lost a Journey that had potential but never saw a true refresh... It's a joke! So Dodge and Chrysler are down to practically just four cars combined real soon! It's sickening and as a true Chrysler Corp fan, I am appalled. There is nothing new for us to look at, for us to buy. If we bought a car from FCA ten years ago, it's the same car today... Wow, how fun... :(

They are pushing us to buy elsewhere... and I don't want too. Many Mopar fans don't want to, but we are left no choice.

Short answer is... There is no new Dodge products. There is no new Chrysler products. We got to get used to it because they don't care about the brands and would prefer they just disappear, which they are doing a fine job at. Don't care about upgraded power to a 10 plus year old Charger or Challenger. We need new vehicles. I can't buy a Chrysler sedan anymore... greeeaaat. :(

So like you and so many others, it's not a joke. Heck, Mitsubishi was on the brink and now they have more models... It's depressing and sad to see our beloved brands become nothing but a joke... and sadly... nothing but history.

UN4GTBL, eaglecars, jimboy and 6 others like this.