AF: Where IS everybody ? | Page 11 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where IS everybody ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by unverferth, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

Makes me think of my visits to the Blackfeet in Browning, Montana near Glacier National Park where the stars put on a show at night for free.

Earl Old Person was Tribal Chairman. We called him big Earl. I read the Indians voted him out in 2008 probably because of a 65% unemployment rate. I thought he would die as head man.

Many of us know what happened to missing Ashley HeavyRunner.

2. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

My escape room, spend most of the last two months here. Just started taking walks between ran and cold wind storms. Also do some aerobics. 20200513_133829.jpg 20200513_133316.jpg

#202 jerseyjoe, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Zagnut27, Tony K and RogerDodger8508 like this.
  3. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

That Samish Sloug in Edison looks just like a bay tributary in Jersey, where you took the picture is just like the spot on a small wooden bridge that I would stop to enjoy the view. Very nice pictures, what camera do you use?

aldo90731 likes this.
  4. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Nothing too fancy. The body is a Nikon D3000; the lens is 28-300mm.

5. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

Been away for some time.... We just moved from North GA to South East PA during this Covid time. I can tell you it is not a fun process to do during a shelter in place environment. Just now got my home office and usable cell and internet service in place.

Ernesto, Zagnut27 and aldo90731 like this.
  6. aldo90731

You haven’t missed much. FCA is restarting production this week. That’s about it.

7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Welcome to the neighborhood! We live in Delaware, but I work in Southeast PA (Philly).

Bajanbuoy and Ruptured Duck like this.
  8. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

A Philly policeman once almost called me an idiot for hanging out in downtown Philly after midnight. My company refused to let me inside the DC beltway after dark. I used to sleep in a rental at Nissan Distribution at Elizabeth, Joisey. Considered safe and well guarded.

Bajanbuoy and Zagnut27 like this.
  9. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Well, depending on the area...like any city, there are good sections and bad and they’re often separated by only a couple of blocks.

That being said, knowing Philly police the way that I do, being called an idiot by them is probably about as nice as you can expect out of them. :D They’re known for their “colorful language”. Though come to think of it, so am I....:p

Bajanbuoy, Tony K, Ernesto and 2 others like this.
  10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Elizabeth is a decent town, outside some small areas. I lived there for years. Never had a problem, going from the train station down to Elmora, or from the next town over down one of the main drags, past the former Durant / Willys plant that once had “Chrysler” adorning it (at least I think that was one of those buildings). What drove me out was not crime but 24-hour “enjoy our music!” and insufficient sound insulation in my apartment from outside or downstairs.

It's labelled as having very high crime but most of that is auto theft from Newark Airport, which is partly within Elizabeth, and now auto theft from the Ikea parking lot.

I vaguely recall the town or county building being beautiful inside and out. (Courthouse?) Was there just once, and I can't recall why. Walked down to Elmora Avenue to my bank, only hit the White Castle on the corner once, hit the bar a few times. Kean University is very close by. Almost bought a car from one of the Route 22 dealerships...

Ernesto likes this.
  11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Sooooooo....do you suppose there’s a high risk that an A3 with a penchant for multiple alarms and warning lights, and the check engine light is currently on...will be stolen if left, say with all 4 windows down, the sunroof open, the doors unlocked, and the keys inside...with the engine running....

Asking for me...darn it...I mean for a friend?? :D

12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Long term parking. That's all I have to say ;)

Camden would be better but you'd have to actually escape. Have a friend come with you...

Paterson by the projects?

13. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

One of my former Soldiers when I was in the National Guard down in Evansville, IN, was from that area, specifically Union and moved back there maybe a decade ago, right before my 2010-11 deployment. Lo and behold, I get to my FOB in Afghanistan, FOB Salerno, where Pat Tillman was stationed when he got killed, and 5 doors down from me, there he is, a few weeks from redeployment, in a Civil Affairs team. My whole tour was a series of small-world stories, and this guy was the first.

somber, Dave Z and Zagnut27 like this.
  14. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

With your luck, the engine would stop running the instant the car thief tried to drive off with it, and refuse to start thereafter!:p:D

tlc and Zagnut27 like this.
  15. tlc

tlc Well-Known Member

Or worse. Bring it back to you after it is reported stolen. Had that happen to a friend once.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  16. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

My wife and I would joke about one of our dogs like that. She is a beagle-basset mix (the dog, not my wife :D) and she’s like living with a defiant, angry teenage girl. We used to say if anyone dog-napped her, she’d show right back up on our front porch with a note saying, “we’re very sorry for taking your dog, but we soon realized the error of our ways. P.S. We think your dog may be the devil.” :D

If they brought the Audi back to us...well...it might have an unfortunate “accident” after that. A tragic blimp accident or something. :p

17. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

Thankfully Wisconsin is back open after our SC put our Governor in his place. I'll be at a Tavern in a few hours for Sunday Funday since it's raining here today lol

18. aldo90731

Seen on FB
    [​IMG]

19. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

Instead of doing it yourself, you could always enlist some "help" to "make sure" the car has an "accident"...Capeesh? :p:D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmijpKujfA
    P.S. Obviously...not while anyone is IN the car!;)

Zagnut27 likes this.
  20. dennisimperial

dennisimperial Well-Known Member

We've left because there is nothing new to report with this car company....