AF: Where IS everybody ? | Page 12 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where IS everybody ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by unverferth, Apr 22, 2020.

1. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

Where is everybody?

I'm back. As far as my reason for absence on these forums, I seem to have fallen into a very Kafaka-esque rabbit hole, and my story has a "Soylent Green is people" tone to it. :eek: Other forums refuse to believe me, so I imagine this forum wouldn't either, but even if most members here did, such a discussion would be a disaster, like other Covid-19 threads. I have seen photos which look like my condition on reputable websites run by Spanish and Italian health agencies, but not here in the US.

I've been hanging around other blogs where politics may be discussed. These other blogs have had such discussions like the current state of The Four Freedoms in America. (It's not pretty.) I also have been enjoying Simon Khorolskiy videos on youtube. (When did Russia invade the state of Washington?) Mr. Khorolskiy sings religious music and it is difficult to talk about religion at my own church let alone here, so I will leave it at that. I seem to be on the mend health wise, but I will probably die from being a forced coach potato. During the month of May I have been working from home and am finding out that "The check is in the mail." is how am allegedly being paid. Still waiting:(

I came back because I had to weigh in on the Hertz bankruptcy. That might be a major disruption in the auto market.

wtxiceman, cygnus and Ruptured Duck like this.
  2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

That’s why cars get dumped in rivers and lakes and reported stolen. Much less chance of recovery and no doubt it will be totaled.

tlc, aldo90731 and Zagnut27 like this.
  3. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

Your wife or your dog!? o_O:p:)

Zagnut27 likes this.
  4. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

We're leaving because FCA doesn't want us as customers.

aldo90731 likes this.
  5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I might be inclined to say both, but I’m more inclined to keep breathing. I like breathing. :D

Thankfully the dog is no longer with us, my SIL and her daughter took her when we were selling our first house. It was easier on us trying to stage the house and keep it clean with only one dog...the good one. Lol. They decided they wanted to keep the dog...who were we to say no? :p:D

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  6. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Does this mean that you had the ‘rona?

7. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

So sorry to hear!

Meanwhile, I am still working but someone decided to file for unemployment benefits using my name and address...

freshforged likes this.
  8. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

Nice, we are just over the line off 52 in Kennett Square area. Southern boy trying to figure out how to be a Yankee. Working to get out from under a non-compete so focused on developing ideas for the new Bronco... (shame on me)...

Zagnut27, aldo90731 and Ryan like this.
  9. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

SLAP!:p:D

Zagnut27 and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  10. aldo90731

I wouldn't say FCA doesn’t want us as customers; it’s more that it doesn’t really care one way or another. The former is active, the latter is passive.

The only things FCA actively cares about are quarterly profits and its stock price.

#230 aldo90731, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  11. aldo90731

Non-competes are not legally binding on most western states.

Just saying... ;)

12. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

As far as myself, I am on the tail end of a covid quarantine. A coworker swore up and down his cough was allergy related. I’m back to work in a matter of days. As far as having 3 kids Under 10 And a wife, as well as babysitters, no one else got it. Consider us lucky.
    But with twins under the age of two, there’s little less Heartbreaking than listening to them call for you day in and out, and doing nothing, for fear of causing their deaths

tlc, Zagnut27 and aldo90731 like this.
  13. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Bronco huh....I promise I won’t call you a traitor. Maybe. Perhaps. :p

Living in Delaware, I’m not sure if we’re Yankees or not, I guess it depends on which part of the state. However, most of the country doesn’t realize we’re a state or that we exist, so it probably doesn’t matter anyway. :D

Amen. I’ve had a few close calls at work with patients who turned up positive after being on our unit for days. It scared the crap out of me in the beginning because I didn’t want to get my wife and kids (5-year-old twins) sick. I’m kind of jaded now.

14. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

I can't talk about this publicly. There's already enough weirdness going around. I'll send a private message.

wtxiceman and Zagnut27 like this.
  15. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

If there’s anything I can do to help, just let me know.

16. cygnus

cygnus Well-Known Member

Hang in there! You cited some great content, I've been meaning to check out Khorolskiy's YT channel out.

#236 cygnus, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  17. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Even worse when you're on a vent.:(

freshforged likes this.
  18. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

Was it Delaware where I would enter the state on I-95 and see big signs in English that would instruct me to use turn signals when changing lanes? I would drive the short distance across the state and see virtually no one using turn signals.

AvengerGuy and Zagnut27 like this.
  19. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

Oh, how I miss Philly. I used to live in Philly and work in Trenton back in the early 2000's. I lived off Cottman Ave about a Stone's throw off I-95. At the time, (and like most people), I worked two jobs... my night job was in Downtown Philly at a call-center. Went in about 6pm and didn't get out til Midnight... And of course, we had to figure out parking on our own.. Needless to say, that even as a 6'-Black-Man, walking 3 to 4 blocks to your car at Midnight in Downtown Philly was.... "exciting",... Hahaha.

20. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

That could just as easily have been Rhode Island...except there would be no signs encouraging turn-signal use.;)

Zagnut27 likes this.