AF: Where IS everybody ? | Page 17 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where IS everybody ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by unverferth, Apr 22, 2020.

1. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

Brace yourself......the unhappy news is...as near as I can figure......just a tad over 17.7 MPG.

This vehicle did FCA no favors toward CAFE.;)

aldo90731 likes this.
  2. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Cubic anything is still volume...except for cubic zirconium :D

Zagnut27 and 77 Monaco Brougham like this.
  3. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

I once chatted with an Ontario older couple in Amarillo. I asked the woman if her driver license had her height listed in cm. It did. I told the couple I had seen a Quebec driver license with height pegged at 5' 11". I was shocked.

The couple had been in Palm Springs visiting relatives. The woman couldn't get over hearing the "stupid" 76 F temp on the radio. I'll bet both shouted their opposition when Canada went metric April, 1976.

4. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Can't even get a pure blood MOPAR anymore. This has got me looking back 15 years for something. Only thing I can come up with is a Jeep.
    To go really pure I would like a slant 6 Four speed Duster. I would drop my Challenger like a hot potato. Not that my Challenger is bad but something without the nannies would be good. Not at all a fan of the 124, but thats just me.

5. jerseyjoe

Yup, still self isolating in Jersey, Mc Donalds employee was taking orderd outside on a tablet, no mask etc. Had o figure out how to get anywhere local, storm pulled trees out of the ground by the roots. Not enough people to remove them quickly whil contractors are installing what looks like steel drain pipes on RT 9 the only road I can use to start going anywhere. Houses being built on any strip of land thats open. Glad my TV remote still woeks. I forgot we had a peaceful demonstrarion that has the police lock down Toms River a major hub in our area, good thing i really don't want to chance it outside.

6. WXman

WXman Active Member

Well it's been a funny thing in my town and surrounding area....traffic has been TERRIBLE. The lines at the drive-thru are all the way around the buildings. Fast food, the bank, etc. The parking lots at Lowe's and Walmart are packed worse than Black Friday. It's like people are coming out of the woodwork. I've never seen this much traffic in my life. Maybe it's because since people aren't allowed to work, they're going out to "play" instead?

But, I still only know of 2 Gladiators in this entire town. :)

7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I can't stand the home and garden stores. I finally went on Tuesday, after Memorial Day when it wasn't packed with a line to get in.
    100530144_3446248185389893_6217063979567546368_n.jpg

WXman and Ryan like this.
  8. 77 Monaco Brougham

This is why it's crucial that you NEVER disclose that little fact to the one getting the cubic zirconium.:D

Tony K likes this.
  9. 77 Monaco Brougham

I hate to break it to you, but there hasn't been a pure blood MOPAR since before The Occupation!:(:(:(

wtxiceman likes this.
  10. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Went to get my first post-COVID haircut. I was starting to look like 1980 with facial hair (I was 8). This is in the small city of Edinburgh, IN, a stone's throw from Columbus, Cummins' HQs. I still go there occasionally since I used to work at Cp Atterbury next door, and know the barber. He said he's almost make up for the long vacation in the 4 weeks he's been open. It was 2:30 and I was 6th in line. He said he'd go 2 hours straight cutting hair without a break the first few weeks.

Ryan likes this.
  11. 77 Monaco Brougham

I would be in line at my local hair establishment to get my first post-covid haircut...except for one little thing...here in prison...OOPS!...I mean Rhode Island...walk-in traffic into personal service establishments isn't even allowed. One must phone ahead for a RESERVATION (oy!).

I phoned early this week and was told they were solidly booked for several days, and they would call me back for an "availability".

Friday...and still no return call.:(

#331 77 Monaco Brougham, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  12. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

My sister-in-law's husband died. She gave my wife a good condition set of Wahl barber shears she used on deceased hubby. Wife has given me three buzz hair cuts already. Wife is pretty dang good at this barber stuff. Heck, my barber shop days may be over.

13. 77 Monaco Brougham

And...There's no guilty sense of obligation to tip her when she's finished.:p:D

Ernesto likes this.
  14. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

15. jerseyjoe

I know it and every year gets further from made in America. Same for the other US companies. Jeep is now a capable luxury vehicle, what does FCA make to keep me from looking at other vehicles. My first new car was a 66 Valiant with the 170 motor, $10 more than a VW bug. More standard equipment and more survivable in a crash and much faster. Best of all I could afford it while I was on unemployment. It got me back on my feet and to work so I could afford that 1968 Sport Satellite V8. Best part is both cars were paid in full but the big Plymouth took 3 years instead of 2. Heaven knows we need something like that now.

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  16. jerseyjoe

With the better weather I've been trying to catch up things that need to be done around the home. Watching the news can make your head explode, not in my wildest dreams could visualize this but its way overdue. Feel like I had my head in the sand. Anyhow all the weight I put on is holding me back from what needs to be done, and it sure needs to be done. So full speed ahead and lets see what happens.

Forgot to mention I look like a cave man, my wife half digs it.

17. jerseyjoe

I was a foward observer for artillary in the service, all meters, schooled in US before we adopted the metric system. Had to Radio back change in direction in meters. The best part is the maps were in 100 meter squares. I had drafting class in school with US measurements. With very little practice I larned how to look at the aera and make adjustments . Somehow in the US we learn to survive. The old British system of money drove me crazy.

Tony K likes this.
  18. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Why is this topic in the Mopar News section? Shouldn't it be in some general discussion board? This isn't Mopar News.

19. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

This was left here to give members a means to stay in touch while we were all holed at home, and in the absence on FCA news.

Ernesto and kevin m. Henry like this.
  20. jerseyjoe

I still prefer older MOPARs, hope this makes the post official.

Topic is "where is everis everybody" general discussion as far as I can tell. Its like TV, if you don' like what you see change the channel.