AF: Where IS everybody ? | Page 21 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where IS everybody ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by unverferth, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

Grandson is now COVID free. Doctor says he can fly out of DC and rejoin the campaign rally trail. San Antonio younger son tested positive but today feels much better. His wife is still really sick. Gov. A'bott' cut older daughter's steakhouse back to 50% and ordered Texas bars to close.

DC-93, Tony K, freshforged and 2 others like this.
  2. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

With Texas cases ramping up, guess they opened up too fast. Not enough testing to support opening up?
    I hear more and more cases of the young folks getting it. Not so invincible after all.

Tony K likes this.
  3. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

4. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

And this is why they are recommending no large gatherings ;)

From Carrollton, TX (Dallas/Ft. Worth area):

Birthday party leaves 18 in Texas family with coronavirus

A surprise birthday party that resulted in 18 people testing positive for the coronavirus has left a North Texas man horrified as his father continues to fight for his life in the hospital

CARROLLTON, Texas -- A surprise birthday party that resulted in 18 people testing positive for the coronavirus has left a North Texas man horrified as his father continues to fight for his life in a hospital intensive care unit.

Ron Barbosa, who is married to a doctor and refused to attend the May 30 party for his daughter-in-law because of safety concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic, said those hospitalized included his parents, both in their 80′s, and his sister, who is also battling breast cancer.

Barbosa said his nephew, unknowingly infected with the virus, hosted last month's gathering of 25 people that only lasted a few hours and followed the state’s latest health standards. During the party, he said the nephew interacted with seven relatives, who subsequently contracted the virus and spread it to 10 other family members, including two young children.

“When people started getting sick, we really let everyone have it,” Barbosa told WFAA-TV. “We knew this was going to happen, I mean, this whole time this has been going on we’ve been terrified.”

Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday said Texas would halt its aggressive reopening as it deals with a surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations that has made the state a virus hot spot. Statewide, the number of COVID-19 patients has more than doubled in two weeks. Texas has reported more than 11,000 new cases in the previous two days alone.

Barbosa's mother, Carole, who stopped by the function to drop something off, tested positive for coronavrius June 6 and was admitted to the hospital a week later.

Barbosa said his father, Frank, who didn't attend the get-together but later contracted COVID-19, was hospitalized June 17. He said his dad is currently “hanging on by a thread” in the ICU while on life support.

“It’s heartbreaking,” Barbosa said, holding back tears.

Frank received a plasma donation Wednesday from a recovered coronavirus patient, according to Barbosa’s Facebook page. Barbosa said he hopes the procedure will save his dad's life.

“Prayers were answered today," Barbosa wrote on Facebook. “Now he (Frank) needs to get well for mom and the Barbosa Family."

Barbosa said his family remains united despite feeling a pendulum of emotions over the past few weeks.

“We were horrified. People couldn’t believe that they took it to a family member,” he said. “But now, we’re holding on together.”

Carole has returned home to recover, according to a Facebook page the family created, which indicated that Barbosa's sister, Kathy, is feeling better and back home to recuperate.

Birthday party leaves 18 in Texas family with coronavirus (at https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/birthday-party-leaves-18-texas-family-coronavirus-71465523 )

DC-93 likes this.
  5. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

go ahead and be “horrified” after the fact for all the good it does you. Hope the father pulls through.

Zagnut27, DC-93 and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  6. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

“We were horrified. People couldn’t believe that they took it to a family member,”

Gee...if only someone had told them that you can spread the virus without knowing it. Gee...if only there were health experts, on every major news outlet, saying that this very thing could happen...and if only they had been saying it for months....

Oh wait, we have been saying all that. For months.

DC-93 and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  7. 06PTElectricBlue

The nephew probably feels pretty bad about so many members of his family getting sick from him. :eek:

And there appeared to be at least one person in the group that had some common sense ;)

"...Ron Barbosa, who is married to a doctor and refused to attend the May 30 party for his daughter-in-law because of safety concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic, said those hospitalized included his parents, both in their 80′s, and his sister, who is also battling breast cancer..."

It's kind of hard to know exactly who to follow or to listen to when the experts may say one thing, but then President Trump, who refuses to wear a mask and wants to slow down the testing. o_O

DC-93 and Tony K like this.
  8. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

My inclination would be to listen to medical or scientific professionals...you know, the people with the educational and professional backgrounds that provide them with the basis for informed decision-making. As opposed to listening to people who don’t have said background and have no idea what they’re talking about.

But that’s just me. I’m a rebel, I guess.

9. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Well-Known Member

Is anybody else familiar with the incident in Pontiac, MI? Was told by a friend of a Law Enforcement Officer. A young man who was a gang member was shot 17 times and was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Nothing they could do for him. Now the LEO had to go to the hospital to get the necessary paperwork on the deceased in order to do his report. What he found is that the cause of death was listed as COVID-19 coronavirus. As opposed to the fatal gunshot wounds. Yeah, I understand that some are going to call this a joke passing as a news story. If anybody has been paying attention, there are more than a few similar incidents from around the US where the true cause of death is obvious, but the death gets counted as a Coronavirus death. That's the real issue some folks have: deaths that were NOT caused by the coronavirus are sometimes counted as coronavirus deaths.

Now before someone accuses me of "stirring the pot," I did have a relative pass away from the Coronavirus within the past 6 or 8 weeks. He would have been age 80, and apparently not in the best of health. So, I have been personally affected. Secondly, I did work in the health care field for 4-5 years many years ago. So, I do in fact have mixed feelings about some of the things we've been told. Yet, I most certainly care about my health and that of family, friends, neighbors and co-workers.

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

All right. Take the number of dead people so far this. Compare to last year. Gee, this year there are 200,000 more dead people than same time last year.

I guess they were all shootings?

Anecdotes are meaningless. Provide some evidence for your story and maybe I'll believe one department is listing COVID deaths incorrectly. However... we KNOW in Florida the governor interfered with the counts to bring them down. So set Michigan against Florida.

DC-93, Tony K and freshforged like this.
  11. 06PTElectricBlue

[​IMG]

And I'm sure that you've heard this old saying, and it could apply to politicians, as well ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tony K and Zagnut27 like this.
  12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

@Bob Lincoln had a good post in another thread in regards to the death certificates and the diagnoses listed:

Death certificates have fields for pre-existing conditions related to the death, in order of influence/relevance, and another section for listing conditions even if not related to the cause of death. This is why covid-19 gets "listed on a death certificate", and people think there's a conspiracy or fudging the numbers. In actuality, it doesn't mean it's counted as a covid-19 death, depending on where it's listed under causes, but some people look for corruption or intrigue that isn't there.
    My mother died of colon cancer, but her death certificate listed that below the primary cause of renal failure. She didn't die of kidney disease, she died of cancer. The doctor advised us that the cancer may have spread to her kidneys, they were failing, and that that was a less painful and more peaceful passing, not to treat that.
    My dad died of amyloidosis, an autoimmune disease. That's listed as the primary cause, but it damaged his kidneys, and he opted near the end to go into hospice and stop dialysis. "End stage renal failure" is listed as a secondary cause.

13. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

If you don't wear a seat belt you may be maimed and your family WILL SUFFER the consequence. All assets may be used to give you care and everyone around you will suffer. Not a guaranty but much higher probability. I see up two policies just because I became infected. Masks are today's seat belt. It is more for those around you than yourself. Don't be selfish and let others have a better year.

jerseyjoe and Tony K like this.
  14. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Didn’t hear this and I live 20 minutes away.
    Sounds like b.s.

#414 DC-93, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2020
    Zagnut27, Ryan and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  15. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Can't find anything even remotely associated with shootings in that location within the last 10 months, in the most extensive Google search. I would not give any credence to this story.

freshforged, Zagnut27, Ryan and 3 others like this.
  16. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Like I said, B. S. !!!!!

17. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Lots of propaganda being pumped into our social network platforms as Russia and several other adversaries are trying to sow unrest and division prior to the election. And it doesn’t have to be for any one candidate—division keeps America weak and inwardly focused—which suits the other global powers just fine.

Zagnut27, 06PTElectricBlue and DC-93 like this.
  18. 06PTElectricBlue

Let alone outside forces reeking havoc in our country, it also doesn't help that we have chaos and turmoil being created on our own soil, by some of our own citizens and "leaders" to try and tear our country apart. ;)

[​IMG]

DC-93 and freshforged like this.
  19. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Nearing 4 million cases.

20. 06PTElectricBlue

And there are numerous news reports hinting to shut down the country, again :eek:

Probably the most frustrating thing about the entire situation, is that we do not have the testing under control, or know what we are doing. ;)

IMO, what good is a test when it takes days or weeks to get the results back. :rolleyes:

What country has been the best at testing? To test the most # of individuals and get reliable, fast test results? ;)

Shut down the country and start over to contain Covid-19, US medical experts urge political leaders

More than 150 prominent US medical experts, scientists, teachers, nurses and others have signed a letter urging political leaders to shut down the country and start over to contain the surging coronavirus pandemic.

"The best thing for the nation is not to reopen as quickly as possible, it's to save as many lives as possible," they wrote in the document, which was sent Thursday to the Trump administration, leading members of Congress and state governors.

"Right now, we are on a path to lose more than 200,000 American lives by November 1st. Yet, in many states people can drink in bars, get a haircut, eat inside a restaurant, get a tattoo, get a massage, and do myriad other normal, pleasant, but non-essential activities."

Their recommendations come as the United States crossed the 4 million mark on Thursday, with at least 4,028,741 cases of coronavirus and 144,072 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University's count.

Covid-19 "will end up as a Top 10 leading cause of death" this year, statisticians from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention predicted in a Thursday email to CNN.
    Although the CDC cannot start ranking leading causes of deaths until the end of the year -- in order to get a full year's worth of data -- agency statisticians at the agency said they expect Covid-19 will end up among the Top 10 leading causes of death in the nation.

Shut down the country and start over to contain Covid-19 - CNN (at https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/health/shutdown-us-contain-coronavirus-wellness/index.html )