AF: Where IS everybody ? | Page 22 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where IS everybody ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by unverferth, Apr 22, 2020.

1. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Jersey is holding up fairly well except for the young folk 20 new cases from a party of teens. Don't hear much about young folk but this proves it happens. I stay mostly home and go for walks on the beach when the weather keeps people home. Purchased Nikon B600 point and shoot camera, looks like a small SLR takes great images if left in auto, can do a little stretching here and there but my artistic ability's do not extend beyond canvas,go figure!
    Got part of my radio gear working, first shot in digital mode had contacts from Iceland to Hawaii and Australia plus all the US in between. My biggest success so far. Sad that some have unwanted issues here, wish them success with life's trials.

Ill BE BACK

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

New Jersey's taken the thing seriously from the start, though partly that's Cuomo’s work.

DC-93 likes this.
  3. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

True. There are multiple foreign powers trying to meddle in our affairs...not just elections, but infrastructure as well. They all have their own agendas and they aren’t necessarily in line with each other. If we’re too stupid or blind to notice or deal with it, that’s on us as a nation. Reactive and not proactive...but that’s nothing new.

4. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Politicrap removed. Warnings will be given if it comes back.

6. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Politicrap.
    I like that...

jerseyjoe, Dave Z and Zagnut27 like this.
  7. jerseyjoe

Still hanging in there. Wanted to get a Physical by my GP, last one a bit more than a year. On doctors outer door list of symptoms and a phone to receptionist. Primary call gave me access, had temperature taken as soon as I walked in, just fine. Filled out form and was immediately sent an office 20 miles away for covid test. 2 Days later test showed no covid. Given an appointment 2 weeks down the road. Hope I don't get stuck in a test loop!

Hope everyone is well.

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  8. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

So with your GP, is a COVID test a requirement for an annual physical? ;)

And if so, now your appointment is not for 2 more weeks, what if you get exposed to the virus, and could now become positive, before the physical. o_O

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having the COVID test before the physical. :rolleyes:

I wonder who thought up that brilliant plan :D:p

9. jerseyjoe

Seems strange to me but tremendious backlog of patients here. At the covid test I was given 2 weeks of antibiotics. This is my doctor for 10 years, not going to a new group and have some kind of data glitch. It's just a bizarre world now.

10. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

I had an annual physical about a month ago. A few things different, as soon as you walk in the door, you get your temp taken, then really nobody in the waiting room, you go straight to the exam room, everything else pretty much the same as pre-COVID.

11. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Going for a blood pull next week.
    Had to do an online Covid survey.

12. jerseyjoe

My issue was complaints similar to Covid but like I said, test negative, hope I can see Doc before lockdown again. My county by the beaches a hotspot.

13. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

We are seeing how stupid people can be.
    They party like it’s 1999.

o_O

14. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Number was good. Going on 11 years cancer free. :)

Zagnut27 and Dave Z like this.
  15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

That's great. I count years by the "after they said I'd definitely die" date, though...

Remember the Grim Reaper Cheater? He went quite a few years beyond the point his docs laid out as the end.

freshforged, Zagnut27 and DC-93 like this.
  16. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

As we know, folks aren’t actually cancer free. Cells are still there, but not really doing anything. Your body is keeping them in check.

Yup, when you get cancer, it comes along with a free lifetime membership.

One must maintain a sense of humor or you’d go crazy! ;)

freshforged and Zagnut27 like this.
  17. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Dave, I had cancer “light”.
    I always hope the best for you!

18. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

There is no “expiration date” stamped on the bottom of your foot. Maybe a “freshness date” though....:D

We had a patient with advanced heart failure who had gotten a transplant years ago, was too old for another...and too sick. He kept ending up on Hospice...would rebound...then back. Rinse and repeat. Did this about 5 times over 5 years or so before the end. So when we give you the “you have 6 months to live” talk, it’s just an estimate. And sometimes it’s a really bad estimate at that.

Live your life like it’s your last day, because you never know when it could be just that.

So....I want some Oreos...so I might as well have them for breakfast ‘cause, well, you never know! :p

06PTElectricBlue and DC-93 like this.
  19. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Indeed. My cousin died from melanoma several years ago. Didn't know he had it until he collapsed on the job (he was a UPS driver). Tests revealed he had 4th stage melamoma. Doctors gave him a month to live despite a couple of chemotherapy treatments. He lived another 6 months.

Neighbor who had survived several bouts of cancer including bone marrow cancer was given 6 months to live two weeks ago. She died in her sleep last Saturday morning.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  20. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

They have graphs and charts. They plug in what you have, where it is and how large....
    Out comes a guesstimate. What gets me is when someone gets something terminal and doesn't get their affairs in order, leaving a mess behind for the family to take care of...

Having hope is one thing, but the terminal diagnosis is, well, terminal.