AF: Where IS everybody ? | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where IS everybody ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by unverferth, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

HEY!!! Did you post pics???? SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Or did I just miss them? hahaha... Congrats by the way!

2. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Just got called off again tonight, I haven’t been to work since early last week...not complaining. I could always say no, and go into work, but I’ve got the time to use and a lot of my coworkers don’t, I don’t want them to be forced to use their time. And I’m on vacation now until after next week. Honestly, I needed this break, the past month and a half have been interesting to say the least. We haven’t been overwhelmed with virus patients, but many of the ones we have had were/are very sick. I’m glad I have enough seniority now where I don’t HAVE to go to the dedicated Covid floors if I don’t want to. I’m fried.

We’ve been lucky with having our kids in a childcare center that’s open for essential personnel. We don’t send them on the days when one or both of us are home, but it’s awesome to still have that for when we’re both working. The staff there have been awesome.

I’ve got a ton of yard work to do, I have to finish painting my home office and then my wife’s office. It’ll be nice to just have some time without sitting around all day wondering if I’ll be called off. And we have a new puppy, so I’ll be working on house training too.

hmk123 and danbek like this.
  3. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Already tanked...

4. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Right , it is not like FCA has Hyundai's 10 year/100000 mile warranty .

5. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Fortunately, still working, installing internet in the rural areas.

WIl

tlc and djsamuel like this.
  6. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

With lifetime ceramic coating. Love that stuff! :)

Attached Files:

06PTElectricBlue and hmk123 like this.
  7. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Thank you for your insights and all that you do......

Zagnut27 likes this.
  8. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

Can I convince myself that this is "Mopar enough," though? I have a hard time seeing a Fiat as a Mopar, and a hard time seeing a Dodge or Chrysler as part of the Fiat "stable!"

I am, of course, very glad that the 124 exists. It looks great as-is; and, swap a few badges and mod the bumpers and it is the car I am looking for. The only problem for me has always been that the Mazda MX-5 seemed to perform slightly better, while also looking great, but I need to have a second look at this car and see what has changed since launch.

The fact that the one car in the FCA stable that Miata-based amuses me greatly, 'cause everyone knows that Miata Is Always The Answer. I don't know why I even bothered to ask!

AvengerGuy likes this.
  9. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

It ain't going to get any better as you get older ;).

Tony K likes this.
  10. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Don't remind me. Wife probably thinks I'm deaf and can't remember anything. Not true - I have selective hearing and a selective memory. ;)

11. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I guess with all the news of 27 million Americans losing their jobs in one month and unemployment hitting an unprecedented 20%, it is easy to forget that 80% of us still have a job...

12. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

BINGO, and a big chunk of the unemployed people are actually making as much or MORE than when they were working. Couple that with PPP funds finally hitting businesses and being able to bring employees back on the payroll, and I think most Americans are really pretty well off.

aldo90731 likes this.
  13. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Not so strange when posts and entire threads often get deleted.

14. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I'm pretty sure everyone who ended up filing for unemployment is receiving more than they normally would. The max I normally could get would be $430/week. With the additional funds from the feds I would receive just slightly more than I currently earn. But then you have to pay income tax on it with next years filing. The real trick will be finding a job whenever the economy begins to recover (only the Shadow knows). That extra money from the feds will only be there for 4 months unless Congress decides to replenish it.

That number is almost too large to comprehend. And that's just the ones that successfully filed.

aldo90731 likes this.
  15. aldo90731

I wouldn't say I am better off now, but I consider myself very fortunate to still have a job.

Most of my auto clients are MIA. Thankfully, the one account that generates most of our revenue —and pays my mortgage— has been a trusted, reliable partner through all of this. Nevertheless, we are in belt-tightening mode. The damage being done to the economy and the labor market is going to have a long-lasting impact on the automotive sector.

The latest explanations from the experts is that this pandemic is going to come and go in waves for 12 to 18 months, and we won’t return to full “normalcy” until a vaccine is developed, approved, and produced in sufficient numbers to immunize the population.

The longer this uncertainty, pain and suffering linger, the deeper and longer-lasting effect they will have on consumers.

#55 aldo90731, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    HotCarNut likes this.
  16. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Strangely when crossed the Atlantic an engine that was in the market since years and years with no major defects... not "eating oil"... very reliable...

BASONE88 likes this.
  17. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Yes, almost as though Fiat is incapable of changing an engine design to meet another country's emissions, fuel, and oil requirements. Keep in mind this is not the base 1.4 engine that was in the 500. This is the 1.4 turbo that was in the 500 Abarth. I suspect it should not have been used in a heavy vehicle. The Fiat transmissions also have problems in the Dart.

Of course if you want to, you can blame the Americans for assembling them badly, but these are the same Americans who assemble other engines perfectly well, and the transmissions are, I believe, imported from Italy.

#57 Dave Z, Apr 24, 2020
  18. aldo90731

I recall those initial ads, and that famous 60 Minutes interview with Marchionne, boasting that Dart was designed, developed and brought to production in record time.

My guess is FCA didn’t give itself the time to test the car thoroughly before bringing it to market, unfortunately.

19. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

So u have crystal balls huh?

20. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

I don't blame the ones who assembled it, they assemble what they are asked to put together with the tollerances they are asked for.
    I seems to me that they wanted to use accessories and powetrain parts already available in Chrysler portfolio that were not so much compatible with the engine.
    I could guess also that they used not so experienced engineers, the most experienced working on other models.

The manual transmission have different clutch system than the europeans ones.
    For the DDCT there was not used in Fiat products in Europe, only by Alfa Romeo and where tuned in a very different way.
    The main error of all manufacturers selling DCT in U.S.A. is try to mimic automatic transmission and market them as that.
    The DCT perfect companion is any hybrid system that allows to move the car with open clutches (Jeep Renegade and Compass 4xe use the DCT transaxle).

#60 MJAB, Apr 24, 2020