Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are you here?

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by james.mooney., Jan 20, 2015.

1. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Thanks Imperial. You may have worked on my sister in laws 71 Grand Coupe Barracuda while at Motech. Thats about the time her sister banged it up.

2. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

What did it for me. ? One word described it HEMI. After going to my local track back in the early 80s . I got a look and feel of a top fuel car at full noise and that was enough to becoming a one eyed mopar man.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  3. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

C in fca is all i care for.

jerseyjoe likes this.
  4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

There would be no C if F didn't step in.

5. moparroy

moparroy Member

My first wheels (after a couple motorcycles to start) was a Toyota... my family had mainly Toys and a Datsun (Nissan) in my teens. Well that Corolla was a real piece of crap - I never did figure out what when wrong with the motor - then the exhaust fell off it and it was done in less than a year - I was back to motorcycle only for the summer starting in April - early April... that was some years ago - late 70's I guess.
    When I set out to look for my second car I set out to look for a motor - a 318 - I knew several friends / families that got great reliable mileage out of a 318. I ended up with a '73 Satellite Sebring Plus 318 / 904. It was rusty but we fixed that up - well there were several body jobs over the 7 years I had it - including a couple minor accidents. Put headers, dual exhaust, a Holley and a shift kit and a few more bits into it. It had 70,000 miles on it when I bought it in '79 for about $700 and I drove it past 200,000 miles and sold it along with some spare parts for $450 in '86. Been a dedicated Mopar guy ever since. My next one was the '85 Daytona in Jan '86 which I still have and makes a yearly trip to Carlisle.
    Sure the Satellite needed work from time to time - including a tranny stolen from a buddy's 68 Monaco... but I kept it running while I was in school and on my own dime! IMO you cannot beat domestic for access to parts and information like Allpar for the DIY guy and sticking to one brand makes it easier to find that info too. So I would have to say the reliability of the 318 landed me here!

jerseyjoe and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  6. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

The C is gone its been stated Chrysler vehicles are rebadged Fiats. Dust in the wind.

7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

300? Town & Country? Pacifica?

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  8. jerseyjoe

904 was OK in 6 cylinder Valiants.

9. jerseyjoe

The C stands for Chrysler and I am only echoing what was said by a very reliable moderator that I will not throw under the bus.

10. ddeeaa

ddeeaa Active Member

started with my GTO in 1970 and it destroyed all the cars i raced. lost only twice to 429 mustang and an aar cuda. after suv's and vans with kids, they're grown up now so being large frame i need a full size car and wanted to go fast and the only thing offered with traditional rear wheel drive was a charger with a hemi....now the hemi is the greatest thing in the world...lol

jerseyjoe and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  11. conate

conate New Member

I always loved the underdog! And how about those iconic commercials with Lee Iacocca and Tina turner?!?! Chrysler always seemed to be a step ahead when it came to distinctive styling.

12. Dragonkat

Dragonkat Member

Has a new member, i'll chime in on this
    What brought me to chrysler was build quality, i've had GM cars in the past ( 92 pontiac firebird, & 97 monte carlo, and has issues with both cars, and thought about mopar untill i was given a 05 stratus rt and never had any issues with it, no engine/tranny issues, no parts breaking off or dash warping.....i had no issues with that car at all.

That good run lead me to 2011 Chrysler 200
    And i love my 200, like the dodge i've had no issues with it at all

That's why i hate it when people knock mopars build quality, because my experience has been the opposite.

#112 Dragonkat, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  13. jerseyjoe

Really not sure anymore.

14. jken02

jken02 Guest

What did it for me was a 69' Charger R/T...my older brother's friend had it and when they would get home after school, he'd drop my brother off at home, and then proceed to peel out and lay a patch of rubber up the street! I was about 10 years old at the time and it was the coolest thing I had ever seen!! Experiences like that...coupled with the fact that my Dad owned mostly Mopars over the years...sealed my love of any and all Mopars. I learned to drive on our 78' Dodge Monaco station wagon and spent most of high school either driving it or my Dad's Omni (which was a great little car).

somber and jerseyjoe like this.
  15. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Since posting the above i'm now on my 3rd LX car. I have to admit each one has seen improvements and tweaks. My current 16 Hemi Charger is a hell of a ride for the $$$.

hmk123 and somber like this.
  16. jerseyjoe

Very true, story is not over yet.

17. Kevin1990

Kevin1990 Active Member

In my case it started out with a magazine about american cars. I always liked non popular vehicles....so when a neighbour got himself a AA body Saratoga, the whole FWD Chrysler thing started....followed by muscle cars etc.

My first car was a 92' Saratoga 3.0, still parked in my garage with bad trans, oil burning Mitsu and all the other problems, that i love/hate now. I learned a lot on those vehicles, became a full time hobby mechanic...

Dave Z and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  18. runfromcheney

runfromcheney Member

I'm here because I feel that as a Chrysler dealer tech I have a lot of unique knowledge and insight on Chrysler's vehicles that I can contribute to the community.

Chrysler has always been my favorite manufacturer as I grew up in the 1990s with the cab-forwards, which I loved. I had a neighbor who worked for Chrysler who would always being me merchandise about the latest products. A lot of it I still have. By the time I was 7 I could name every vehicle Chrysler built. I also remember how much I loved the 1998 Intrepid and the 1997 Dakota/Durango when they first came out, I thought they were so cool. I also thought the NS vans were really neat.

I've had a preference for Chrysler vehicles since then, with the exception of when I drove Fords when I worked at Ford dealers. My longest-owned Chrysler rig was a 1998 Caravan 3.0 when I drove for over two years until the strut towers rotted out. I currently own a 2015 Challenger SXT, though I'm considering trading it for that new T/A model. I also own a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis and a 1989 Buick Reatta.

19. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes
    Level III Supporter

You told my story, as well, especially with the GM-to-Mopar transition. It's just that many are concerned that Mopars will become mere rebadged Fiats or will be designed by Fiat's self-insistence, which will likely produce typically (historically) poor quality automobiles that has been and continues to define Fiat. I can't remember ever reading negative posts about Mopars in general here. Not sure why they'd come here at all. Such a poster would be buried underneath a thick and heavy pile-on here. ;)

20. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1
    Level 2 Supporter

Personally I've always liked AMCs, and I like Jeep's current direction. I'm also a general car guy who is also an avid follower of technology. Finally, what's going on at FCA is frankly interesting on a number of levels, and seems to be shifting rather quickly, which makes it fun to follow.

Fun fact: I learned how to drive on an '89 Dodge Grand Caravan. With the tow package...which turned out to be a decent imitation of a sport suspension at times. :D

GasAxe likes this.