Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wide body pick up van?

Discussion in 'Vans' started by poikaa, Apr 25, 2016.

1. poikaa

poikaa Member

I have been searching the WEB for information of a van that I have seen in the past, most likely a one off build. Done well it was a commercial style Dodge or Plymouth van with a driver/passenger cab with the back end much like a pickup truck with a tailgate. The rear axel track was wider than the front but not dual wheels. The bed was done correctly with long ribs and closed insides. This was not a garage hack job but looked professional.
    I have seen 'chop' jobs from the net but none came close to this. I think this style was use in lawn care service.

Thanks from a new member!

poikaa

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

3. pt006

pt006 Active Member

IC; thanks for the picture of the Dodge Dreamer. I never knew they made one. Nice ride. It'd be great to pull a fifth wheel camper with. And room to sleep in the back, too.

I've seen a Ford and a Peterbuilt that were similar.

4. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

I've seen a few of those Dreamers in real life. They are a cool looking machine. Wouldn't mind having one, even with the 440! *laughs*

5. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I saw a 70's chevy van that was converted to a "pickup" it looked well done.
    To bad the big 3 when they went to the new vans in 1970** they didn't do a pickup version, A shortwheel base version would have been great for city work.

6. poikaa

poikaa Member

The van I saw was a newer front wheel drive Voyager or Caravan....

7. pt006

pt006 Active Member

Dodge also made a Kary Van back in the 1970's. Looked like a square box mounted on a van cab and chassis.Ugly but useful.

8. DidierAub87

DidierAub87 New Member