AF: Window gap, how to adjust? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window gap, how to adjust?

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by iowa-k, May 16, 2020.

1. iowa-k

iowa-k Member

‘84 convertible. How do I close this gap?

Attached Files:

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Any excessive glass looseness from channel wear would probably need to be addressed first. Loose glass will stay loose.
    If that is OK, looking at how the glass meets the top seal, does the 1/4 glass need to be moved out at the top or does the drivers glass need to be moved in at the top? Or both?
    The interior trim panel(s) would need to be removed and the glass adjusted. Procedures and illustrations are in the service manual.
    Typically, the in/out jackscrews are at the bottom. Other adjustments may need to be trimmed afterwards also:

[​IMG]

3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

A good friend of mine just had a new top installed on his '65 Ford Galaxie. As IC mentioned there is a procedure to adjust the windows to align properly. For his Ford it involved removing the door panels to access the adjustment screws.

4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

5. iowa-k

iowa-k Member

Glass is tight. Looks easier (and I have done it before) to pull the door panel and try adjusting there first.