Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Regulator Tape

Discussion in 'GFAQ: G-Body Frequently Asked Questions' started by Bryan98801, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Bryan98801

Bryan98801 New Member

Had my drivers window in my '92 IROC fall down today and the motor was grinding. Took it apart and found the nylon strip that the gear on the motor rides on was busted. Got the window shut most the way. All the parts stores say they don't carry it and I have to go to a dealer to get it. I've found DORMAN has a similar part but the people who sell it say it won't fit. Has anyone had this unfortunate issue and what have you done to fix it?

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Mopar and the Dorman (Help!) line used to carry a roll of the nylon 'gear' tape to repair these.
    Mopar sold a repair package that you would cut to match the length of the car that you were working on. The nylon tape window regulators were used on several different car models for a few years. The length would be different between the various models.
    It has been a long time since I've done one.
    Keep the rack and sliders well-lubed.
    I see the left door power window regulator is Mopar part# 4336445. The tape repair package is listed as Mopar part# 4467214.
    http://www.quirkparts.com/oe-mopar/4467214

3. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I haven't repaired one yet, but others have said that the Dorman tape WILL work when cut to length. If you've been talking to people from Autozone, they don't know their derriere from their elbow.

4. Bryan98801

Bryan98801 New Member

If I hadn't already ordered the Dorman part I would pick this one up. Bookmarked for future reference. Many thanks.

5. Bryan98801

Bryan98801 New Member

Yeah our particular vehicles are crazy hard to find parts for. The first guy who replied pointed me to a decent website with a lot of good looking oem parts. Now if only they made performance parts for our V6's. I totally agree with you on the point that most parts stores zombies are complete idiots who only know what their computers tell them.