AF: Windsor | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windsor

Discussion in 'Rumors and General Chrysler Discussion' started by cygnus, Oct 11, 2020.

1. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

Write this in stone.

If they close a American plant and keep Mexican plants.

FCA/Stellantis will lose sales by the hundreds of thousands.

I will be one of them.

2. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

What I'm about to say is more of a If I ran the Circus thought based mostly on wishful thinking.

First of all, the styling of the current crop of products built in Brazil is great. I may be in the minority, but the new Ram 700 looks good. The 700 has a family face, but it doesn't over reach like the Fiat 500L does. The vehicles built in the Betim, Brazil plant, including the Ram 700, would fail here because of their size and not the design. In using the word design I mean both the styling and layout.

The Toluca, MX plant should build SUSW based vehicles with design and styling which is suitable for the North as well as Latin Americans. Just as the Brazilian production lines each concentate on one platform, Toluca could do the same. The faces of both the Toro and Fiat Fastback concept are too far out for me, and many here have posted in agreement. A production Fasrback would make a great product for the Chrysler brand. The Chrysler brand also needs whatever replaces the Fiat Freemont. I would replace the the Ram PMC with a Toro based product, just like the the Ram ProMaster Rapid is based on the Ram 700.

Twenty five years ago, old Chrysler had no problem selling Dodge and Chrysler minivans with different themes. The Dodge Grand Caravan ES tended to have more of a sporty persona than the Chrysler T&C. The lower line Plymouth Voyager and Dodge minis were alike except for the front ends. There should be a Dodge Grand Caravan ES with ditinctive syling features over the Pacifica. It would use the same 3 drivetrains the Pacifica uses. There should be a plainer Dodge Caravan with only the front end and tail lights different from the Voyager. This should help Windsor.

When brands are dropped, customers don't stay under the corporate umbrella. All the major players have done this and added to the evidence.

Dave Z, Donte Lindsey and page2171 like this.
  3. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

Find out soon.

10am press conference reveals the deal.

4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Nothing like promising 5 year out product in a 3 year contract.

5. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

If I remember well new EPA rules will be efective by 2025. Actual rules cover MY 2017-2025, if I am not wrong.
    First other plugin hybrids, than a new electric one.
    So an additional electric vehicle for year 2025 has a logic. Same logic used in Europe where new emission rules arrived this year and will be full operational in 2021... "magically" from FCA arrives BEV car, plugin vehicles, mild hybrids.

T_690 and Dave Z like this.
  6. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Fiat Freemont = Dodge Journey for anything who missed that one.

Tony K and MJAB like this.