Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woodward Dream Cruise/Roadkill Nights

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by MoparGuy413, Jun 26, 2017.

1. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Roadkill in conjunction with Dodge just announced that they will be back Woodward Ave on August 12 for Roadkill Nights. Legal street racing happening again on Woodward. This time, Finnegan and Freiburger are bringing Mike Musto of the House of Muscle along with Leah Pritchett and Matt Hagan

Also at the M1 Concourse, Dodge will be doing thrill rides with the Hellcat twins and perhaps the Demon as well

Can't wait!!!

ETA: Correction, this is happening a week before Dream Cruise…

suzq044, oruandy, Tomguy and 3 others like this.
  2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I will be there for sure!

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge Returns to Woodward Avenue for a Second Year
    August 12th - 12th 2017

Register for Event

• On August 12, Roadkill Nights returns to the M1 Concourse in Pontiac, MI with drag races, a first-ever celebrity showdown, thrill rides, show ‘n’ shine, dyno runs, and all the stars of Roadkill
    • Spectator tickets and participant vehicle registration is now available at via TicketSpice by clicking here.)
    You keep asking, and here is the answer. Yes. Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge is back, and yes, there were be drag racing, car shows, thrill rides, dyno tests, and lots of Freiburger and Finnegan and Mike Musto and Roadkill cars. Also, come see the new Dodge Demon. That’s one of the benefits to being friends with Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA, North America. His powers are as massive as his title, and he might let us drive an 840hp Demon for your entertainment.

[​IMG]

If you missed Roadkill Nights last year, it was truly insane, with six-second drag cars spinning tires from stoplight to stoplight. If you that doesn’t give you some idea of the barely-legal feel of the night, how about this: We kept having to hold the drag races whenever the train was going through the staging lanes. And it’s back, so you don’t have to miss out again.

Registration is now open for Roadkill Nights–which drew in 30,000-plus fans last year. Spectators will pay $10 per person—$5 per person for Pontiac residents ($5 price available on-site only)—and children 12 and under are free. Stay tuned for registration details for the drag racing component; we have an exciting revised format we will be releasing information on shortly!

[​IMG]

If you don’t want to race, take a Dodge Thrill Ride, breathe in the cacklefest fumes, marvel at the wheelstander exhibition runs, test your car against a dyno, or just park at the show ‘n’ shine, and go watch the action. There will be plenty of family-friendly activities including bouncy inflatables and face-painting, an entertainment stage; and an eclectic offering of food and beverages, including that Roadkill rescue-from-family-friendly-activities beverage: beer.

Roadkill Nights Powered By Dodge will also include a first-ever celebrity showdown with plans for David Freiburger, Mike Finnegan, Leah Pritchett, Matt Hagan, and Mike Musto to get behind the wheel. Leading the races will be Freiburger and Finnegan, “Roadkill Nights brings ROADKILL to life and allows our fans to participate,” says Freiburger.

[​IMG]

If you’ve somehow read this far without getting the idea, Roadkill Nights is back, and you can sign up now. Open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., the August 12 Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge event includes thrill rides in Dodge Viper, Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, Charger SRT Hellcat, and maybe even Dodge Demons, a show ‘n’ shine area, dyno runs, manufacturer midway, ROADKILL stunts, and exhibitions, as well as live music, food trucks, family entertainment, and much more. Drag racing and Dodge Thrill rides will be happening from 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

ROADKILL NIGHTS REGISTRATION INFORMATION

General admission to the event is $10 per person—$5 per person for Pontiac residents ($5 price available on-site only)—and children 12 and under are free.

Full details for spectator tickets, participant vehicle (show ‘n’ shine registration, and an extensive range of packages are available now at via TicketSpice by clicking here.)

For more information on ROADKILL and Roadkill Nights, see Roadkill.com and follow on Facebook: facebook.com/roadkillshow and Twitter: twitter.com/roadkillshow.

Fans can follow the action for Roadkill Nights at hashtags #RoadkillNights and #poweredbydodge.

Street racing can have serious legal and safety risks. Both ROADKILL and Dodge want enthusiasts to enjoy performance driving in a safe, controlled environment, run by professionals with vehicle safety inspections, driver evaluations, and track safety.

About Dodge and SRT Brands
    The Dodge brand is America’s mainstream performance brand. With the purification of the brand and consolidation with SRT, Dodge is focusing on its performance roots with every single model it offers. The Dodge and SRT brands offer a complete lineup of performance vehicles that stand out within their own segments. Dodge is the mainstream performance brand and SRT is positioned as the ultimate performance halo of the Dodge brand, together creating a complete and balanced performance brand with one vision and one voice.

From muscle cars to minivans, crossovers and full-size SUVs, the Dodge brand’s full lineup of 2017 models deliver best-in-class horsepower, class-exclusive technology, unmatched capability and a slew of cool features, such as LED headlamps, Dodge signature racetrack tail lamps, active exhaust, cold-air induction, 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect infotainment centers and 7-inch customizable gauge clusters, to name a few. For the 2017 model year, the Dodge brand lineup features the 25th anniversary Viper, Durango, Grand Caravan, Journey, Charger and Challenger, including the new Challenger GT, Charger Daytona and Challenger T/A, as well as the 707-horsepower Challenger SRT Hellcat and the Charger SRT Hellcat, the quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan in the world.

New for 2018, Dodge introduces the new 840-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Demon — the fastest quarter-mile car in the world and most powerful muscle car ever, as well as the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT – America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV.

http://www.roadkill.com/events/road...returns-to-woodward-avenue-for-a-second-year/

Smitman and UN4GTBL like this.
  5. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Was there last year. Truly awesome.
    So say again........it is NOT the weekend of the Dream Cruise ?? (why would they do that ?)

6. MoparGuy413

Correct. It is the weekend before Dream Cruise

7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

It was chosen on the Saturday before, since the week of the cruise traffic is at an all time yearly high for that week. Having on Friday and blocking off the section leading into downtown Pontiac (on the Loop) made traffic crazy enough. This way on a Saturday, less through traffic will be affected.

8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

In case you missed all the fun last year...

That last video just shows that if you ever have met FCA Passenger Cars CEO Tim Kuniskis in real life, you would actually know how much of a car guy he really is. While Ralph gets a lot attention outside FCA US for being a true car guy, Tim is right there. Tim over the past few years has really pushed Dodge forward at the Woodward Dream Cruise, showing that the event is exactly what Dodge and SRT's target market is.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. unverferth

Thank you and totally understand.
    But I think the attendance level at the Roadkill will be way down being a week before the Cruise IMHO.

10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Doubtful. People start getting in town the week before. Last year the event was held on a Friday and many people were at work and 30,000 people showed up. This year will be bigger I am sure. I managed to get into one of the 250 infield spots for the Dodge Owners for the car show. So I hope to see many of you there.

Devildodge likes this.
  11. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Man, I wish I could attend this. Guess Carlisle will be enough, but I would like to be here too.

Wonderful, time to be a dodge fan

12. MoparGuy413

You need to put Woodward on your bucket list, at least once

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

The Saturday of the Dream Cruise is crazy busy. Its almost too busy for me. I tend to go to multiple events during the week, instead of going down on Saturday because it is so crazy busy. Hell, some places charge $50 for parking off of Woodward. My local car club is charging us a discounted rate of $60 per car to park on Woodward. Thursday and Friday nights are usually the best night to go down. The Dream Cruise has been come a week long thing. Thursday nights are perfect for me. Tons and tons of cars. Usually go down to the Dodge display at 12 Mile and Woodward and watch the cars for a few hours.

For example, here is last year at the Woodward Dream Cruise on Thursday night. I put my camcorder in the grass as I sat at 12 Mile and Woodward and its just fine. People actually drive their cars throughout the week.

This video is just driving through traffic on Thursday in 2015... you get a mix of people on their way home for the day from work. But as you can see all along Woodward people are parked all over the place just watching the cars. This video was shot at 4:30 to 5:30pm as well.

ScramFan likes this.
  14. unverferth

Will Dodge do their display at 12 Mile again this year ?
    And thank you, Bob, for all the information you provide us here at Allpar.

ScramFan likes this.
  15. MoparGuy413

@redriderbob Dodge usually set up at 13 and Woodward. Did they move it last year? I missed Dream Cruise because of work. I know the plaza at 13 and Woodward, where Dodge set up, is becoming an addition for Beaumont

16. 13Daytona

13Daytona Member

17. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Tim Kuniskis has already said last year that they will be moving their base camp for the Woodward Dream Cruise to the M1 Concourse track in Pontiac. It's close to the FCA US campus anyhow. Dodge is also an official sponsor of the track which has Vipers and HELLCATs in its arsenal.

[​IMG]

18. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Yes, Beaumont is building on to their campus. The Kroger lot is gone. Dodge and the rest of the FCA tents will be up at M1 Concourse from now on!

http://www.beaumont.edu/press/news-...aks-ground-on-new-high-tech-emergency-center/

Dream Cruise won’t have Fiat Chrysler’s regular display (at http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/woodward-dream-cruise/2017/06/26/fiat-chrysler-display-woodward-dream-cruise/103212810/ )

M1 ConcourseEvents for July 2017 - (at https://m1concourse.com/events/2017-07/ )

19. Obnoxious RT

Obnoxious RT Member

I'm just waiting on the racing information and registration to be announced and opened!