AF: Wrangler Crash Test | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrangler Crash Test

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by djsamuel, May 7, 2020.

1. Matthew

Matthew Is pushing for progress!

To me it looks like there are changes to the front end, it looks like the hood on the JL is narrower up front then the JK and the Finders at the front are wider, so it overlaps less of the hook and grill then the JK. But it may just be a trick of the eye

2. Matthew

Matthew Is pushing for progress!

Considering only 20% of buyers take them off road, there are plenty of Soccer moms and Soccer dads, and people looking for a commuter car buying them and I can guarantee you that safety if a pretty high consideration for them. It is also why you see so many used wranglers dumped on other manufactures lots (I can tell you that there are tons sitting on the Toyota, Honda, and Nissan lots here and evern a decent amount on chevy and ford. The a lot of the 80% that buy them and never take them off road quickly realize that they don't like the trade offs that come with them. Personally I think that it is a failure of the sales department at FCA dealerships to ask them what they want in a Jeep and to then steer them to the jeep products that actually have those attributes instead of just trying to make bank on the fact the wrangler for almost any trim level and especially if you try to option it up to match the standard equipment on other trims (I mean If I try to option a wrangler up to the content of my cherokee which stickered at 42k it hits the 50-60K mark) I think with a wrangler they should keep a middle of the road one on the lot (that would easily sell on the used market as they hold their value better then pretty much anything on the road) as a tester and give them to customers that say they are not looking to go off road for a week to test drive. I can just about guarantee you sales of Grand Cherokees and Cherokees would go up. As those are easily equipped to meet the needs of the 80% of Wrangler buyers that are never going to go off road even a TH trim for the "cred" as those would be much easier to live with and be much more likely to have return customers then those that are not at all the actual market for the wrangler that will be forever turned off from owning a jeep in the future (because it is not safe enough, because it handles poorly on the road, because it is to noisy, and to cold in the winter)

Zagnut27 and Dave Z like this.
  3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

And the optional Wrangler LED lights still rate poor. Halogen reflector or LED projector are both rated poor on Wrangler JL, no change from JK. Other Jeeps have acceptable, marginal, or poor lights depending on model and trim. Couldn’t find a Jeep with a good rating for headlights.

Matthew likes this.
  4. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

My oldest daughter stopped by to show me her 2019 Rubicon she just got. I took it for a spin. It rode much better than I was expecting. It was my first drive in a modern Wrangler. My son wants one too but finances say No at this point. When I hopped in I was surprised to see a Red Dash in a Blue vehicle. She said all Rubicon's come that way. I learned something today lol. Haley's Jeep Wrangler.jpg

5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

When we were first seeing the camo’d JL Rubicons, and we saw the red dash, I had hoped that it would be a body-color specific thing...as in red dash for red paint, blue dash for blue paint, or something along those lines. I was a bit disappointed to find our all Rubicons would have a red dash. Oh well, still looks nice, and I certainly wouldn’t turn one down.

6. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

That’s a beaut alright!