AF: Wrecked Hellcat Widebody Daytona 50th Anniversary Edition Shows Up On Copart: | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrecked Hellcat Widebody Daytona 50th Anniversary Edition Shows Up On Copart:

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by redriderbob, Feb 3, 2020.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

2. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

#2 wtxiceman, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    redriderbob likes this.
  3. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

Forget the oil change. It never made it halfway to the break-in mileage.

4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Insurance, as much as emissions laws, killed the original muscle cars. Given the image Dodge portrays in its commercials it is no surprise to see cars like this where the car is totaled (in this case probably before the first payment was even made).

I was very disappointed at how much insurance was on my V6 GT AWD Challenger, a definite increase over the previous V6 Challengers I had.

Dave Z likes this.
  5. WXman

WXman Active Member

Reminds me of the one V-Tuned did on his YouTube channel last year. Wrecked in the same way, except worse because it got the A-pillar, roof, and rear quarter also. When he got done with it, you couldn't even tell it had been wrecked.

BASONE88 and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  6. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

Here they are bringing out his purchase :eek:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks great now :cool:
    [​IMG]

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  7. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Related to Vtuned, this sounds like a job for Samcrac.

Satellite Saint likes this.
  8. awolb69

awolb69 Well-Known Member

Saw this on FB yesterday. This sure looks like an easy fix for someone with the time. Certainly not a cheap fix which is why it's totalled out by the insurance Co. Curious to see what it sells for because this will make a sweet ride for someone who wants to put the time and effort into it.

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  9. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Yep, it has the effect of turning the entire vehicle into a "high risk" category.

10. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

Are cars "totaled" automatically if the airbag deploys, or is it based on the estimated price of repair? Fixing this Charger cannot be cheap, but given that it's about an $80K car I would think that a quarter of that money would get it back on the road? Yeah, the poor thing is bashed up pretty bad but it's sad to see it in a yard like that.

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  11. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Cars are totaled when the cost of repairs exceeds about 75% of the value of the car. The insurance estimate will use only new OEM part cost when establishing repair costs. That leaves some possibility a car car be rebuilt with salvage parts for less than the insurance estimate.

12. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I recommend Samcrac's videos on Youtube. He goes through the steps of rebuilding his own crashed cars he bought on Copart. He walks through the work, the explanation of how insurance determines totaling the car, and the inspection process to get it back on the road. He's done normal cars like a Fiesta and a Focus, and more luxurious cars like a Merc, R7, and a Ferrari 360. Then there's also a Domino's pizza car he fixed up that got him in trouble legally.