Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zagato Alfa 2-door for 2019

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by KrisW, Nov 14, 2017.

1. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

According to an article in UK magazine Auto Italia (sorry, no online copy), Italian coachbuilder Zagato will be celebrating its centenary in 2019 by making a limited edition run of Alfa Romeo 2-door Coupés, based on Giulia QV and likely to be called the TZ4.

Previous TZ models were the TZ1 and TZ2 in the 1960s, and then in 2010 two models: a one-off TZ3 Corsa, for a German collector and based on the Alfa 8C Competizione, and nine TZ3 Stradale cars, based on the Dodge Viper ACR. (Hey look, Alfa and Dodge, sharing technology again :p )

Price will be very much "on application", but previous TZ models are healthily into six-figure sums... (one of the nine Dodge-based TZ3s came up for sale a few years back at $650,000)

BASONE88 and Morty like this.
  2. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

I read the article. Also in this month's mag there's an interview with Andrea Zagato who says the perfect way to celebrate the centenary would be with a Alfa Romeo Coupe.

A dream combination.

ScramFan likes this.
  3. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Hmh, Giulia Coupe.

IMHO not enough sporty for Zagato.

4. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

"Giulia-based" could result in anything, based on previous Zagato work.This car will have to be a 2-seater like the other TZs, with shorter wheelbase. Once the required level of luxury interior has been added, it probably wouldn't be much lighter than Giulia, but I wonder how much more power can be wrung out of the 3.0 if it's tuned for lower-volume, lower-mileage applications.. electric supercharging is also an option that Alfa has not (yet) applied to this engine.

5. quadamage76

quadamage76 Active Member

well on a Zagato 2-seater basis I would see a GTA... ;)

6. Morty

Morty Active Member

And the TZs and the GTAs were not luxury versions. They were built for a purpose...... racing.
    A seater aluminium/carbon Zagato version on a shortened Giulia floorpan, would be awesome (l hate that word);)

AlfaCuda likes this.
  7. Andy69

Andy69 Active Member

not enough sporty? are you familiar with Zagato Alfas (or other brands) in past?

8. T_690

T_690 Active Member

He can't change Giorgio platform. So A pillar stays the same.

9. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

can you say “full hydro formed titanium exhaust”?

I can only imagine how beautiful it will sound.

10. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

I think that the QF is very sporty. Further lightening and a shorter wheel base would make it even more so imo. Ideal for a Z badged car.