cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

2000 Dodge neon Engine/Motor/Transmission Mount replacement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Warez09

Warez09
  • 7 posts

Posted February 27, 2010 at 08:39 pm

:ph34r: Hi guys, I guess my question would be how to replace or at least locate the all the engine mounts on my dodge neon? I have a 2000 dodge neon High line and so far have replaced the Wheel Hub Assembly, both half shafts, upper passanger side motor mount and will do sometimes lower passanger side too. But the real question is how many there is and where is the tranny mount located and how to replace it. Is there 3 or 4 motor mounts on this car. I would appriciate any input and help thx a lot. Feel free to email me
warez09[at]wowway.com or PM.
like i said i have so far only replaced the Rear upper Pass. and will do the lower one that's located under the half shaft on pass side. I could not locate one on the driver's side at all. Where would it be? Thank you

Edited by Warez09, February 27, 2010 at 08:53 pm.

#2 Warez09

Warez09
  • 7 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 at 02:42 pm

Anyone?

#3 Warez09

Warez09
  • 7 posts

Posted March 1, 2010 at 07:20 pm

Ok, so to replace the mount and also the bracket?
I see, i will try this this weekend hopefully and let you know how it went.
Thank you for your help

#4 Warez09

Warez09
  • 7 posts

Posted March 2, 2010 at 07:33 pm

Ok, i think now i have an Idea of how to perfomr this task. I will go to a local junk yard here and see if they have any dodge neons, then i will take it apart to see wether this is something i can do on my car too. I hope that they
will have some parts for me also. I will update you on my progress, my muffler came in today but a wrong one.
They shipped a performace part instad of replacement. Just my luck, lol
Thank you guys on your help.......

The trans is Automatic

#5 Warez09

Warez09
  • 7 posts

Posted March 3, 2010 at 07:40 pm

OK, after spending a good 4 hours in my local junk yard In Aurora IL, I was able to find and disassemble a good 02 neon.
I got the driver side motor mount off and will try to work on my neon this weekend. This was a lot harder the i originally thought because the car was wrecked and i was unable to drop the trany low enough to pull the mount out.
That took a god 2.5 hours. Than i noticed one row down there was another neon with trany missing and the motor mount
in tact. I busted out my 18mm socket and took it off. I hope this weekend i will be able to install the driver side
and passenger side lower motor mount. Thx for all your help guys, will update you on the progress.

#6 louis5

louis5
  • Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted May 19, 2010 at 11:31 am

There are four engine supports. Three on the passenger side. The upper and lower are easy to change. But the one on the middle is very difficult. A local mechanic (very experienced) spent 5 hours trying to remove it and gave up. So I took the car to the dealer.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.