cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2014 Challenger with factory shaker hood?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Hammer00

Hammer00
  • 234 posts

Posted June 4, 2013 at 04:51 pm

I saw over on challenger talk that the 2014's will have a shaker option.

1. Are there any pictures yet?
2. Do we expect this to be a composite or metal hood?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,844 posts

Posted June 4, 2013 at 07:20 pm

No pictures of it. Why ad another hood option to a car that will get a significant update in 2015.

They can't keep the Mopat T/A hood in stock (two weeks ago over forty on back order). I'll believe it when I see it.

There are five different aftermarket shaker hood producers, pick the one you like and buy it :)

Mike

Edited by Mike V., June 4, 2013 at 07:23 pm.

#3 Jackratchett

Jackratchett
  • Supporters III
  • Others:Active Member
  • 1,320 posts

Posted June 4, 2013 at 09:18 pm

In 2014 calender year, the 2015 model year Challenger was originally rumored to have up to ten hood options. I am guessing that a hood with a functioning scoop would be one option and that same hood with a closed dummy grill in the scoop would be another.  :dunno:

#4 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,844 posts

Posted June 4, 2013 at 10:31 pm

In 2014 calender year, the 2015 model year Challenger was originally rumored to have up to ten hood options. I am guessing that a hood with a functioning scoop would be one option and that same hood with a closed dummy grill in the scoop would be another. :dunno:

Technically there are four that they currently have for MY2014 ;)

Mike

Edited by Mike V., June 5, 2013 at 10:31 am.

#5 Charger Red

Charger Red
  • 878 posts

Posted June 5, 2013 at 06:50 am

This feature was presented (and "promised") to be an available option at a dealer show about a year ago.

Still waiting.......

#6 dfarc

dfarc
  • 784 posts

Posted June 5, 2013 at 08:00 am

In 2014 calender year, the 2015 model year Challenger was originally rumored to have up to ten hood options. I am guessing that a hood with a functioning scoop would be one option and that same hood with a closed dummy grill in the scoop would be another. :dunno:

Apparently its down to 5. But still a lot of options!

#7 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,844 posts

Posted June 5, 2013 at 10:31 am

This feature was presented (and "promised") to be an available option at a dealer show about a year ago.

Still waiting.......

It was never official.

Mike

#8 Mopar392

Mopar392
  • 1,081 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 5, 2013 at 10:47 am

No pictures of it. Why ad another hood option to a car that will get a significant update in 2015.

They can't keep the Mopat T/A hood in stock (two weeks ago over forty on back order). I'll believe it when I see it.

There are five different aftermarket shaker hood producers, pick the one you like and buy it :)

Mike

The Shaker Hood is replacing the T/A hood..

It'll also be functional..

#9 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,844 posts

Posted June 5, 2013 at 11:02 am

The Shaker Hood is replacing the T/A hood..

It'll also be functional..

I'll still believe it when I see it. :)

Mike
  • ptschett likes this

#10 jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe

Plymouth Makes It

• Supporters
  • 4,795 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 5, 2013 at 05:04 pm

I saw an orange Challenger with a T/A hood and sticker in the window returning with dealer plates last Saturday. That was at Buhler

Edited by jerseyjoe, June 5, 2013 at 05:07 pm.

#11 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,844 posts

Posted June 5, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I saw an orange Challenger with a T/A hood and sticker in the window returning with dealer plates last Saturday. That was at Buhler

It's part of the Mopar Accesories Package or purchase thru Mopar Parts.

A few dealers near me like to have one on the lot.

Mike

#12 GuidoFL

GuidoFL
  • 149 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 at 10:23 pm

For the Mopar faithful it's always next MY ...............

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.