StaffAllpar HomeMore NewsCarsTrucksUpcomingRepairsTest drives

Pacifica tops safety ratings

by David Zatz on

The Chrysler Pacifica has earned a five-star overall safety rating from the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), their highest possible rating.

Chrysler’s new minivan also scored five stars – the highest possible rating – in each of the individual crash tests. It had previously earned the best IIHS rating, “Top Safety Pick+” (which applied to the vans made after August 2016).

2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivans

FCA US engineers conducted more than 8,500 simulated crashes and more than 80 full-vehicle impacts; the body structure integrates twelve different steel grades, with 45% being high-strength steel and 27% being “Advanced High-strength Steel” (for a total of 72%). The body structure is 250 pounds lighter than the Town & Country.

The Pacifica has standard backup cameras, as well as optional lane departure warning, forward collision warning, and blind spot / cross path detection. The company uses a combination of radar and cameras for greater precision; competitive vehicles use one technology or the other.

The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica starts at $28,595, plus destination charges.

David Zatz founded Allpar in 1998 (based on a site he had begun in 1993-94), after years of writing reviews for retail trades. He has been quoted by the New York Times, the Daily Telegraph, the Detroit News, and USA Today. Before making Allpar a full-time career, he was a consultant in organizational psychology. You can reach him by using our contact form (much preferred) or by calling (313) 766-2304


Back to the Chrysler 100

Kidde fire-extinguisher recall and Ram RVs
mack engine
Silver Mack

More Mopar Car
and Truck News

Some popular Allpar pages





Dodge Demon

2018 Wrangler JL



Staff details/contactsTerms of ServiceInformation is presented to the best of our knowledge. Plans change and sometimes mistakes are made. Decisions or purchases made based on this site's verbiage or images are done at the reader's own risk. Also see the Allpar News archives, 1997-2008 • Copyright © 2008-2017, Allpar LLC. All rights reserved. • Mopar, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, HEMI, and certain other names are trademarks of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.