Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I replaced the ac blower resistor on my 02 jeep liberty sport. At first the blower wouldn't work on any speed 123 or 4. When I put my test light to the two prong connector at the motor (on the hot side ) to see if it was getting power my test light came on and the blower began working. Today it ran for a while but now doesn't run on any speed. I put my test light on the blower motor connector again , "at the motor" and it started working again on any speed I set it on like it should. 2 Hours later it has stopped again. Any ideas ??

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Maybe you are disturbing an intermittent connection at the motor connector? Gently push on wires to see if you get a reaction?
The motor has power anytime the ign is on, the resistor and switch are on the ground side to ground.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ImperialCrown said:
Welcome to Allpar. Maybe you are disturbing an intermittent connection at the motor connector? Gently push on wires to see if you get a reaction?
The motor has power anytime the ign is on, the resistor and switch are on the ground side to ground.
What do I need to do if I do get some kind of reaction, say the thing starts working again what does this mean ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImperialCrown; What do I need to do if I get some kind of reaction, say the thing starts working again what will this mean ??

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
It will locate the bad connection for you. Locating the trouble spot is the first step in diagnosis.
Then you can do what repair is necessary (replace crimped terminals, splice, etc.).
Usually a bad connection in the high current blower circuit will create heat. Enough to melt plastic and burn terminals. Look for any heat clues. The motor itself may be becoming intermittent and will sometimes start working again after a 'thump'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts