Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,348 Posts
Do a little safety check first by jacking the car up, putting the front wheels blocked off the ground, and start with the transmission in neutral, rotate one wheel at a time by hand. If nothing is felt this way, then start the engine and gently let the clutch out, see if you can locate a problem that way. Another thing you may want to check is rocking the engine back and forth with engine off, see if your son can see anything move in the event you can't make it clunk. Did you verify it isn't a wheel itself? I had a bubble on the tread that I looked for three different times before I happened to find it.

·
Premium Member
20,348 Posts
By just coasting and not feeling the vibration alleviates the axles, but it doesn't narrow the problem enough. Get her back up to 25-30mph and simply push the clutch in and see how the vibration changes and whether the engine is running rough still. Does she idle and rev smoothly or does she cut out? If smooth, then it would be in the transaxle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.