Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2003 T&C with 3.3L engine. Just below the upper radiator hose there is a crack that is leaking. Is it possible to repair a crack in the plastic tank or will I have to replace the entire radiator? If repairable, how should I do it?

Thanks for reading!
Danny

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
I agree with A.j. I don't know of anything that would actually be a good repair and last that long. Since the radiator is critical to the life of your engine and van, just replace it. It'll give you peace of mind.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,685 Posts
+3! Plastic tanks are very troublesome to "repair". Best to just replace the radiator, hoses, coolant, and cap.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone,

Thanks for the replies to my question. I had assumed that I'd have to get a different radiator, but thought I'd ask in case there was something to do that I didn't know about.

Danny

·
Registered
292 Posts
if you wanna go the extra step I recently replaced the radiator in my 2000 Grand Caravan and upgraded to the Heavy Duty Radiator. Would definitely recommend it if you drive long distances, in mountainous terrain, or in really hot weather :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Everyone,

I replaced the radiator, hoses, etc. When I got it apart all the brackets had come off the transmission cooler. Some of the holes had to be drilled because the old rivets were broken off. Apparently, on one of the holes on the end where the hoses hook on I drilled too deep and now have a hole and major leak. Just wondering if there is any way to fix? I'm assuming not, but thought I'd ask. I can't find one at a salvage yard and really don't want to spend almost $200 for a new one at Advance or O'Reillys or Autozone. I'm assuming the cheaper ones that are a different shape would take some work to get them bolted on.

Thanks for reading,
Danny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts