Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Russia! Sorry for my English, if it differs...

Someday ago I wrote at the Allpar forums having EEK 1988 Chrysler LeBaron GTS. Time passes, since then I bought a 2006 Dodge Magnum and now I want to trade my LeBaron for a PT Cruiser.

Anyway, here's a good offer of a 2004 PT Cruiser Convertible. The thing is, that it has a dead engine. I don't know the details of what exactly happened to the engine yet, but as this car is fairy rare here I wanted to ask if a 2.4 NA engine from say a Sebring or a Stratus fits PT? I read something about different intake manifolds to fit under the tiny hood of a PT. But maybe one can assemble an engine to fit from a dead PT's turbo and a Sebrings'd/Stratus's NA engine?

P.S. I know how to handle with a wrench :)

P.P.S. Is it fairly easy to swap PT's turbo with a PT's NA engine? What one'd need besides the engine itself and the PCM?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2.4 Turbo PT. The seller states "The engine requires swap. Doesn't start". As this is sold by the automechanics shop, I assume the problem is not just a torn timing belt or something else they could fix quickly and sell it as a working car.

As for my question about a swap, I asked about a swap of the dead turbo with a working non-turbo 2.4 from a PT or a Sebring/Stratus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts