Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all
I’ve been successful many times in removing the seats to my pt cruiser. However, this time around the lever on the side isn’t allowing me to pull the seat up. Any advice before I bring it to a dealer?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Unless you've added them, your 2005 PT likely doesn't have underseat drawers. So you should be able to get your head far enough under the seat to view why the seat will not move. Chances are that a cable is broken or the piece that the lever pulls is just stuck. Either way, you can likely pry it loose with a screwdriver. And once the seat is out, you can probably fix it. I had an extra set of 1st Gen PT seats but I threw them away about six month ago. So I can't post a photo. If needed, take some photos of the mechanism and post them here if you have more questions.

Reactions: gigixx21

·
Super Moderator
21,401 Posts
There is usually something like a pull-wire or link between the inboard and outboard seat tracks to unlatch both to move the seat.
I have seen these get detached from something pushed under the seat or rear seat kicking feet?
Look up under there and see if you can actuate the spring-loaded latch to slide the seat forward.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it's the back seats, then the levers to do this are under the seats at the rear seat legs on the PT Wagon. The upper lever just lets the seat backs fold forward if I remember right.

Reactions: gigixx21

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone! I appreciate all the help :) To clear up questions and provide some insight for others with this problem- I was trying to remove my backseats specifically the bigger one, the seat folded down but never responded to the lever which allows u to pull it out. Once i managed to get the seats out I realized I put it in incorrectly either by not locking it correctly or not letting it sit in the slot correctly. I monkeyed around with the seat for a little bit and then I sat on top of the seat with it fully in the car and pressed my hands against the ceiling to put pressure. Nothing really clicked to indicate something happened however not long after the seat came out. I’ll be more carful with installation next time! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts