Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while ago somebody tweeted Ralph a picture of a shopping cart full of these, and it reminded me that they were going to make a 1:18 version of the SRT Viper, so i went straight to ebay and bought a red one.

Some pics with a couple other Vipers:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
what's the level of Detail, and do the Doors and Hood Open?

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Detail is pretty good. The interior is mainly black with some detail. The doors, hood and "hatch" open

·
Registered
771 Posts
How 'bout some engine pics... and interior pics?

I really like that orange one. What's the story on it?

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How 'bout some engine pics... and interior pics?

I really like that orange one. What's the story on it?
Will try to remember to get more of the '13 for you

More of the Orange one:

Details: http://www.autoartmodels.com/web/product/en/1250?antiCache=135335943775148FD2050827813A79F82537255F5D55E

·
Registered
771 Posts
Das KOOL!

Thanks for the pics and the link. I like your pics better than the link's.
That's a bad lookin' Viper.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more pics:

Some of "the collection" (Don't mind the primered PT Cruiser or Viper...both need paint still...

Reactions: BASONE88

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nice pics. That new Viper looks better in the mini-flesh than the real one in the magazines.

On your primered models, you disassemble before painting or tape off everything?
I normally disassemble, strip, prime, paint and reassemble, but I happen to have a model in the "paint shop" right now that I taped off and primered over the stock paint, just to see how it comes out. After the primer, I'm going to hit it with flat olive.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pics. That new Viper looks better in the mini-flesh than the real one in the magazines.

On your primered models, you disassemble before painting or tape off everything?
I normally disassemble, strip, prime, paint and reassemble, but I happen to have a model in the "paint shop" right now that I taped off and primered over the stock paint, just to see how it comes out. After the primer, I'm going to hit it with flat olive.
Thanks!

Stripped down to metal. They've both been like that for years...seems that after you buy a real car, all your efforts go to it instead!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yeah, funny how that works, huh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts