Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those waiting to get the automatic versions of the Dart, ordering is now availible. You can also order the Winter Chill paint.

Dart PFDP41: 1.4L/automatic transmission (22B & 22T); 2.0L/automatic transmission (24T) and PFDS41: 1.4L
automatic transmission (22L) are now orderable. Exterior color Winter Chill (PBA) is also available for ordering.
(07/09/12)

·
Registered
36 Posts
For those waiting to get the automatic versions of the Dart, ordering is now availible. You can also order the Winter Chill paint.

Dart PFDP41: 1.4L/automatic transmission (22B & 22T); 2.0L/automatic transmission (24T) and PFDS41: 1.4L
automatic transmission (22L) are now orderable. Exterior color Winter Chill (PBA) is also available for ordering.
(07/09/12)
Where did this info come from. dang I know more about these cars then my dealer does! He is supposed to call me the minute this ordering was available.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did this info come from. dang I know more about these cars then my dealer does! He is supposed to call me the minute this ordering was available.
It came from the same place that your dealer uses to order cars.....most salesmen do not have access to it only managers.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NICE! Can't wait to see some pictures of the Limited :thumbsup:

Whats the Build Priority: 99 Stand for? That it will be built sooner or later?
99 means its a sold unit so it gets first priority(usually)

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know, so he'll be getting it sooner rather then later
Thats how its supposed to work....some dealers attach fictional names to orders to try and get them sooner and to get extra cars beyond allocation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Part that stinks is I wanted the Black interior with the White leather seats but was not available to order. Had to get Black seats. Also had to spring for the Polished alluminum Wheels, could not order just the painted alloys.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Part that stinks is I wanted the Black interior with the White leather seats but was not available to order. Had to get Black seats. Also had to spring for the Polished alluminum Wheels, could not order just the painted alloys.
What my dad did for my mom was take the painted alloys she got on her Charger and sold them, then used that money to get a set of the chrome wheels. I think it wouldn't be too hard to sell the "nicer" wheels and get the "less nice" wheels, or be able to find someone who is willing to trade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2.0 liter automatic Limited Dart model can be ordered yet? I have people telling me it can and cannot for weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How you seen any Darts in Vermont?

I saw one at the Walmart in Berlin the other day
Just the one I drove at Paquins and the one Goss has

Does anyone know if the 2.0 liter automatic Limited Dart model can be ordered yet? I have people telling me it can and cannot for weeks.
Got this from a salesman on another site.:
Cannot order 2.0l limiteds at this time. Restriction comes up and says Next Order Allocation which could be next month. Which would mean 10 - 12 weeks probably.

Also found out last night that certain combonations can only be special ordered. Wheels were one example. We can only order certain wheels on stock units but the customer gets more choices for a "factory order".

When I ordered mine on July 11 my salesman did tell me it was good for that day to order the DDC and the next day I might not beable to order it. Guess he was right.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Interesting. I guess they only allow orders as long as the factory will be able to make them. Having all these restrictions means there's some serious demand.
I agree with some serious demand.

Here's another interesting tidbit. I ordered my Limited back around June 20th. My dealer wasn't providing any updates beyond "we'll email you when its built." I found out through a contact at Chrysler HQ that my order fell under the 13MY code and those would be released for production starting 7/23. Assuming that stands for 13 Model Year, which I was told is correct, it seems a bit odd since all the Darts out now are being sold as 2013s, right?

The only other thing I can think of is that I ordered the Technology Group, which is something that I have not seen on any of the Darts in stock yet (at least around Metro Detroit) and maybe that's holding it up.

I'm just cranky that I'm stuck with my winter truck, 98 Grand Cherokee, and getting 18-ish mpg highway until the Dart arrives. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts