Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else has the problem of the 13" '65 Barracuda hub cape clicking at while the car is barley rolling? These caps are two pieces held together by a large spring ring. I've tried tightening the clips for the ring and tabs that keep the cap on wheel with no success.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,511 Posts
I have placed small strips of self-adhesive foam tape around the circumference of the cover where it meets the rim edge. That usually stops the clicking. You may see shiny spots and rust dust where it is rubbing together.

Reactions: saltydog

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
All my valiants have made this noise...I guess I never bothered to figure it out. The self-adhesive foam is a great idea.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,183 Posts
I have seen where the cleats that God the cap to the rim get bent too far and move as the wheel rotates making a clicking sound. If it has a small cap in the center, a little dab of clear silicone call on the inside tabs area will stop movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.