Allpar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago the Passenger back door would not lock. I tried the inside manual switch and it wa stuck, but at least I could still open the door, The dealer chargerd me $500, they said the door had to come off to fix it.
NOW my drivers side back lock is stuck in the lock position, and the manual switch is jamed too.
So $500 to replace a $40 lock actuator. This is inexcusable!!
I'M SICK OF IT!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charging 500$ for such a minor thing and not even doing the job qualitatively is very unprofessional. I would get back to the dealer and ask for a remake or otherwise monetary remuneration. Fortunately, I happened to reach out only to trustworthy companies and work with great experts regarding the car industry. When my father's car's lock stopped working, we thought it was a sign of the car's age and wouldn't be adequately repaired. It was very unexpected when we heard mylocallocksmithtx.com develop a great way of fixing the issue. If you still have that problem, I suggest getting in touch with them.

·
Registered
737 Posts
A year ago the Passenger back door would not lock. I tried the inside manual switch and it wa stuck, but at least I could still open the door, The dealer chargerd me $500, they said the door had to come off to fix it.
NOW my drivers side back lock is stuck in the lock position, and the manual switch is jamed too.
So $500 to replace a $40 lock actuator. This is inexcusable!!
I'M SICK OF IT!!

Read this: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10204361-9999.pdf

The new policy - warranty is in effect for 150,000 miles. It includes repair and reimbursement of the cost of a prior repair.

·
Super Moderator
40,009 Posts
It is likely a temporary ban until a certain amount of warning points expire.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts