Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
My Dad owned a '56 DeSoto but it was a 4Dr . I remember going to the showroom with him when he picked it out. They had one of these Adventurers on the floor and I became instantly enamored with it. Unfortunately, I couldn't interest my Dad in it as he needed a 4Dr "business car" :(. It had 160,000 miles+ on the odometer and was still running in 1976 when someone ran into it with a pickup while it was parked. The body shop pulled off the damaged parts and tried to replace them but called my folks and said they couldn't find all the necessary parts anymore. He charged them "0" dollars for his work after they agreed to let him keep the Hemi that was in it.

I never could find an Adventurer for sale nearby when I was ready for my first car - had to settle for this one......

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
72 Posts
One of my uncles had a 1956 DeSoto, too, a Fireflite four-door sedan in two-tone green, with a Hemi. He resisted the urge to go for a new 1957 and held on to the DeSoto until 1962 when he got a Chrysler 300 (non-letter). The DeSoto served him well at a time when three years and 40,000 miles was considered an aging car ready for trade-in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts