Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1958 Dodge Custom Royal
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
I have a 1958 Dodge Custom Royal. The 350 was swapped out with a 361 out of a 65 fury. I have the engine running and was following 2 oil lines into the cab one was connected and one was not. The disconnected one went the the oil gauge, the one that was connected goes to a solenoid that then goes to what appears to be an actuator that controls the re circulation door under the dash. I am guessing that it uses oil pressure to run the actuator and vacuum to control it. The service manual I purchased only mention of this is just how to test the power to the solenoid. I would love to get this connected properly again. Any help would be appreciated.
I will attache a couple of pictures of the two devices. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Despite the fact that it has a custom, handcrafted look, this 1958 Dodge Custom Royal Re is still an example of fine midcentury styling. While the car may be rather old, these features are still eye-catching even today. Plus, with plenty of room inside, this vehicle was as practical as it was stylish. This is definitely a great antiques find to have in any vintage collection.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Being a kid of the 70's, I don't have a clue how that works. I do find it very cool that you have a 361 out of a 65 Fury in the car, though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
One of the few things I never poked around with fixing on my dad's similar 1957 Custom Royal Lancer. Might be worth the $40+ to pick up an actual copy of a 1958 service manual. See them on eBay, plus this link on Amazon...
1958 Dodge Car Shop Manual Reprint 58 repair/service: DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER, DODGE CHRYSLER: Amazon.com: Books

1 - 4 of 4 Posts