Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for "toad's teeth" today. Working on our 62 Valiant (The Toad) and discovered the steering shaft coupler needs some repair. In the coupler is a keeper spring that holds the coupler's "shoes" in place..... ours has rusted away. I see you can get 65 and newer parts quite easily but not the 62. Any help, leads, used parts, etc.... will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
John Brayton [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
JTB said:
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for "toad's teeth" today. Working on our 62 Valiant (The Toad) and discovered the steering shaft coupler needs some repair. In the coupler is a keeper spring that holds the coupler's "shoes" in place..... ours has rusted away. I see you can get 65 and newer parts quite easily but not the 62. Any help, leads, used parts, etc.... will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
John Brayton [email protected]
Try these guys: www.1962valiants.com/ They are an Australian website and their Road Toads are RHD but; someone might have an idea for steering coupler. Too; I strongly suspect the 1963-66 A body versions are the same as your car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you can get hold of a parts interchange manual, that would tell you exactly what years would fit. I would assume there was a lot of year after year same-fit parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts