Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new to the forum and I just wanted to get some info on what I have on my hands.

I inherited a 1965 Chrysler 300L Convertible with a factory 4-speed. The car has a VIN indicating it is a letter car and the build plate stating it came with the 4-speed. I don’t have the build sheet. From my research there was something like 12 letter convertibles built with a 4-speed, making this car unique.
The car was restored in the early 90’s and has been garage kept. Factory air conditioning was added during restoration. Mechanically, it’s in good shape with a recently rebuilt transmission and brakes.

The car is mostly all there, except for outer front wheel wells and the inner rubber wheel well pieces. The car needs some minor trim pieces and a factory air cleaner. Otherwise, it’s all there.
Cosmetically, it needs to have the body panels’ alignment, a paint job, re-chroming and metal polishing,

I really would like to keep the car; however, I am in the military and have moved 4 times in the last 2 years. I won’t have time for the car over the next 4 to 8 years, so I think I need to sell it.
What would be a fair price for this car?

NADA says with LOW Value for the car is $14400.

EDIT: Cant figure out how to post a photo here. Please click link for image of car.

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab224/Lost-N-Confused/IMG_1330_zpsca70bd38.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Check with the C Body Dry Dock crowd; they're very hard core big Mopars from 1965-78.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
That's a beautiful car. My grandmother had a 66 Newport with those lines, except a 2-door hardtop.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have owned several C body convertibles. When it comes to C body cars the market is scarce. Your car would be a 300L. There should be an HP engine in the car and it should be a 413 4bbl. The 3 speed manual transmission was standard. The automatic and 4 speed transmissions were optional. The information I have is 44 300L cars had standard transmissions. I don't have a breakout of 3 speed vs 4 speeds or how many came in convertibles. Your information about only 4 convertibles with a 4 speed could easily be true. A really nicely done Polara, or Fury 65 convertible would probably get 10-12 in todays market. A really nicely done 300L convertible with a 4 speed transmission might get into the 20's, but it is really hard to say for sure.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'll offer a couple turbo Daytonas. In fact, I'll try fanangaling the rights to the DeLorean I'm storing for a friend and toss it in as well. Wait, I'll even add to that list my left arm! Sorry to hear about your loss, but congratulations on your new acquisition.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have owned several 1965-300L's (Hardtop and Convertible) and would like to speak with you off line about yours and maybe a some point purchase if you decide to sell. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts