Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Mopar friend told me that Dodge made the old sedan delivery untill 1966 even still useing the old flathead 6. Is this possiable?
If not when was the last year it was offered?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
The true Sedan Delivery was made in the 1930's.
Your friend may have been talking about the Town Wagon. It was built until 1967 and had both the slant six and 318 Poly.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Dr. Z said:
Maybe he was confused by the Power Wagon, which I believe kept the flathead six long after all other vehicles.
Until 1968, in the WM300, however it was never built in a Delivery style body, that was a WC 53, (Command Car) which was only built in 1942.
The WM300 lived on in Isreal until 1971' from 1969 to 1971, it had a slant six.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found this on wiki...but I still don't know if it used the slant 6 or the old flathead? I never knew these things exsited has anyone seen one from the 60's?

The Dodge Town Panel and Dodge Town Wagon are respectively a Panel truck and a Carryall, manufactured between 1954 and 1966 by Chrysler's Dodge division. The model resembles what would be called an SUV nowadays. A competitor with the Chevrolet Suburban, it was initially available in 2 wheel drive only, but the 4 wheel drive model was ultimately more popular. The Dodge "Town Wagon" model was a "twin" passenger version of the Town Panel. The Town Panel had no windows or seats behind the driver and was more of a commercial-use vehicle. Dodge had previously built panel trucks prior to the Town Panel, but the name didn't exist for these trucks until the Town Wagon was built along with them.
The Town Wagon in four wheel drive configuration was called the Power Wagon Town Wagon, and had a "Power Wagon" badge linking it to the Dodge Power Wagon. The Town Panel and Town Wagon trucks were based upon the design of the Dodge C Series Pickup trucks with round fenders and wraparound windshields. Even after the Dodge D Series pickup trucks with square fenders and flat windshields were released, the Town Wagons retained the 1958 sheet metal design of the C Series pickups and heavy-duty trucks.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
I checked my database when I had time, I couldn't find a record of a factory Slant six, install, in the Town Wagon, or Town Panel.
Most received the 318 Poly.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assume these has the same weight ratings as the pickup trucks. I am surprised they didn't stop them when A100 vans became avaiable.?
These cars/trucks must be some of the most rare mopars from the 60s.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Side note here: a few weeks back I saw a factory RHD Dodge Town Panel with windows; it was a retired US Post Office vehicle but needed a complete restoration............flathead Six, AT and all.

Also in South Africa; Chrysler sold the Fargo Town Wagon for a few years, it too was RHD............

Addendum: Chrysler Canada also offered the full lineup of 'Dodge' trucks/vans under the 'Fargo' brand complete with the Town Panel/Wagon and their version of the A100 'Transiline' for 1965.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
voiceofstl said:
I assume these has the same weight ratings as the pickup trucks. I am surprised they didn't stop them when A100 vans became avaiable.?
These cars/trucks must be some of the most rare mopars from the 60s.
They came in D and W versions, in 100 and 200 weight ratings.
...and yes, the build numbers were very low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts