Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ram 1500, 2000 Jeep XJ, 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a 1966 Valiant 100 for... a dollar. It has the 225 slant in it. I was wondering what sites everybody uses to restore these rare cars? Also, any idea on what size wheel studs are on these? I want to get new tires for it so it's easier for me to roll around and to yank the engine for a rebuild and I broke some of the studs off of them, and every single one on left rear. You all are awesome!

·
Premium Member
20,100 Posts
NAPA can help, they carry all of them. Best to take one of the broken studs with you and simply match it up to ensure you have the right ones.

·
Super Moderator
32,051 Posts
Could be you broke the studs because on the left side of Chrysler products before 1970, they are *left hand thread*. They tighten counter -clockwise and unscrew clockwise. That was true from about 1964-70.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
7/16"

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I broke some studs off my 2005 caravan. I think MY problem was the dealership puit the wheel back on with a ait gun on full strength. The valiant problem could be from age.rust and on to tight.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
One more 'tip'. Even though likely cheap, steel wheels, suggest use a torque wrench - set at 55 lbs. OEM (7/16") studs were designed for this value. The larger (1/2") studs of that era were only rated at 65 lbs.
If using the (small-bolt) Rallyes, for sure do not torque higher - or with air gun.
And, for reassurance, check torques again a week or so later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts