Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
From the brochure:

I knew this car had some cool lines to it, and the above brochure proves it :cool:

The VIP is soooo smooooth and sleek, that every time that you drove it, you would have to be dressed up, you just couldn't jump in it in shorts, a t-shirt and some flip-flops to go down to the local convenience store, it is much more worthy than that.

It would be so cool some day to see the car below look like the above :cool:

Here's an interesting article:

1966-69 VIP: Why Plymouth couldn’t sell brougham

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Or maybe this is more of what you have in mind for your VIP :cool:

It’s always easy to remember the strangest thing you saw in any location. At Hot Rod’s Drag Week 2o17, that answer was easy: it was blue and was the biggest car racing. The 1967 Plymouth VIP is a well-known monster over in Finland, where it was the first registered vehicle to break the seven second mark, and the team of Janne Uskali and Jyrki Aukio had seen the successes and fun that other Finnish racers had experienced on earlier Drag Weeks. So the Plymouth was shipped over and shortly after arriving in the States, the big blue Yank tank decided that it was the perfect time to drop a valve. And that’s just the start of the fun that went down for the Finns…in addition to engines hell-bent on self-destruction, you had Janne’s hospital trip, including for metal in his eye (screaming internally. -ed.) and the kick in the kiddies when they were unable to make the full Drag Week program. By the end of the week, anyone who was around this team could pretty much tell you exactly what the word perkele probably meant. But when you’ve traveled so far and worked your [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] off, you don’t pack it in and head back home. You fix things, get the car moving and you make every last run you can. The car is a beast and the team’s actions are heroic. Check it out:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or maybe this is more of what you have in mind for your VIP :cool:

It’s always easy to remember the strangest thing you saw in any location. At Hot Rod’s Drag Week 2o17, that answer was easy: it was blue and was the biggest car racing. The 1967 Plymouth VIP is a well-known monster over in Finland, where it was the first registered vehicle to break the seven second mark, and the team of Janne Uskali and Jyrki Aukio had seen the successes and fun that other Finnish racers had experienced on earlier Drag Weeks. So the Plymouth was shipped over and shortly after arriving in the States, the big blue Yank tank decided that it was the perfect time to drop a valve. And that’s just the start of the fun that went down for the Finns…in addition to engines hell-bent on self-destruction, you had Janne’s hospital trip, including for metal in his eye (screaming internally. -ed.) and the kick in the kiddies when they were unable to make the full Drag Week program. By the end of the week, anyone who was around this team could pretty much tell you exactly what the word perkele probably meant. But when you’ve traveled so far and worked your [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] off, you don’t pack it in and head back home. You fix things, get the car moving and you make every last run you can. The car is a beast and the team’s actions are heroic. Check it out:
That was all awesome......im thinking a sleeper with abit of get up and go....same original colour.....your info was awesome....bought it for 2000 canadian.....super cheap...drove it around some after I burnt the old gas....gonna be a full frame off restoration

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
That was all awesome......im thinking a sleeper with abit of get up and go....same original colour.....your info was awesome....bought it for 2000 canadian.....super cheap...drove it around some after I burnt the old gas....gonna be a full frame off restoration
That is a very cool color :cool:

I hope you start a thread on the forum so we can all follow the resto.

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Limited, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, 2017 Jeep Wrangler
1,163 Posts
Those were great looking Mopars with the cool roof design. I’d love to have one!

Reactions: 06PTElectricBlue

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Those were great looking Mopars with the cool roof design. I’d love to have one!
I know where you can get a 4 door... engine and tranny good glass...1350 canadian...same year
There you go, be careful what you wish for ;)

I guess you'll me making a trip to Canada :D

From this brochure, the color is known as Medium Blue Metallic :cool:

It looks good with a painted roof

It looks good with a white vinyl roof

It looks good with a black vinyl roof

In other words, it always look good :)

This is a very cool color combo :cool:

I could imagine this sparkling in the sun, reminds me of the color for the Chrysler Turbine cars :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There you go, be careful what you wish for ;)

I guess you'll me making a trip to Canada :D

From this brochure, the color is known as Medium Blue Metallic :cool:

It looks good with a painted roof

It looks good with a white vinyl roof

It looks good with a black vinyl roof

In other words, it always look good :)

This is a very cool color combo :cool:

I could imagine this sparkling in the sun, reminds me of the color for the Chrysler Turbine cars :cool:
Message me and I will give you the mans email

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
One of my buddies Mom had a 67 VIP 2 door when I was growing up. Mrs. Smith drove it like she stole it too. I used to love to ride with her in the bad boy 383 powered machine. Greg picked up her lead foot habits too!

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
I also had a buddy named Danny who purchased a 67 Fury 2 door that had hit a small tree right in the center of the front bumper. Another 383 car, but his was a 2 bbl carb. Dark green with a white top. He purchased a 68 Super Bee from a guy that had a shop that had a blown up 440 in it. Danny asked me to help him pull the engine from the Fury and put it in the Super Bee. Super Bee body and interior was excellent. So, I had him bring the Bee to my back yard first and we pulled the engine and trans out of it and pushed the body back down the street to his house. Then, he drove the Fury to the house and in one weekend, he had a 68 Super Bee with a 67 383 engine and trans in it. I tried my best to get him to put a 4 bbl on it, but he never did. That Bee looked great when he'd drive by the house in it.

Reactions: 06PTElectricBlue
1 - 20 of 20 Posts