Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am a new rookie here.....and to mopar cars! I needed some help on a car that I am about to purchase.. Car is complete and looks unmolested, very straight. Has a liitle rust at the lower left and right of the rear glass ( at the corners ). Bumpers, grill seem to be darn near mint. Will need headliner for sure. Black vinyl top has been removed as well.

When I run the fender tag, it states that it is a '68 Belvedere 2 dr hardtop....but it has Satellite fender badges on the front end of the fenders. The car seems pretty loaded. It has a 318ci, 2bbl, auto, ps, a/c, "high grade trim level interior" , drip/body/wheel lip mouldings, 2:76 gears, all tinted glass, 26in radiator, am radio, black vinyl top.

Is this a Satellite?? Does this sound like a decent car to own? What is it worth? He is asking 4K for the car.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Tommy

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
What are the first 4 digits of the VIN? Should be Rxxx (last two being 23, or 21 or 44 as examples).

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
The first 4 are as follows: RH23
Plymouth Sport Satellite 2 door hardtop. :)

And if the body's in overall decent shape along with a clear title; it may just be worth $4K assuming it runs well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A stock 318 Belvedere in good shape is a nice car and probably worth 4 K easily. It is a good platform to due clone/tribute cars if thats what you like. A 2 door 68 Belvedere is a RoadRunner, GTX, Sport Satellite. Satellites got the better better interior, and sport Satellite got the best interior, ala GTX.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
A stock 318 Belvedere in good shape is a nice car and probably worth 4 K easily. It is a good platform to due clone/tribute cars if thats what you like. A 2 door 68 Belvedere is a RoadRunner, GTX, Sport Satellite. Satellites got the better better interior, and sport Satellite got the best interior, ala GTX.
Correct: I know someone with a 1968 Sport Satellite convertible; def 'GTX' based trim but this car has a 318/3spd on the column!

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Is it possible that the car was wrecked once upon a time and the Satellite fenders were what was available at the time? That happened to my oldest brothers 68 Roadrunner. He had a brake failure and went down a hill backwards and hit a tree and needed a new bumper and trunk lid. The trunk lid replacement came off a 68 GTX. People looking at the back of it thought it was a GTX and then if you looked at the sides, you saw the Roadrunner decals.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The nice or weird thing on B bodies back then was the many differences that you "could" get when ordering a new car from Ma Chrysler. My montra is...Never say never when it comes to Chrysler. I had a 1966 bone stock slant six Belvedere II that I bought for 1500, 6 years ago. It had the original interior which was the high end scrolled vinyl seats (split back bench) and according to everyone I have ever talked to that was not available in any model other than the GTX or sport satellite and never in a straight back seat, but yet there it was. The car also had a 100% completely painted underbody (non undercoated car) heater delete, radio delete in a slant six car. The car was ordered from a dealer in New Mexico, it still had the complete certi card. I don't think it is out of line to see the upgraded interior on a 318 car with an auto on the column.
I did a full rotisserie on the car, put a 500 HP 400 CI in the Belvedere put front buckets in with new scrolled seat covers (I had to get the back custom made because now you cannot get it in anything other than a cut out back seat, painted the car B5 blue from the original hideous green and sold it to a collector in Australia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts